The Student Room Group

Worth asking uni to defer again on results day?

I’ve already asked them just to clarify. However I haven’t heard back so I assume it’s because admissions isn’t responding atm. Also the uni I applied to has given 2024 deferred entry to some students who applied for 2023 entry to medicine probably due to not enough spaces, and some of them have gotten their offers changed to 2023 so on results day do you think it would be worth asking to defer if I get the grades since the uni already has quite a few 2023 app students deferred anyway, and those students can be given 2023 entry? (So it’s not an issue of letting too many students suddenly defer on results day as there’s already students in that position who want to start in 2023)?
Original post by M_A564
I’ve already asked them just to clarify. However I haven’t heard back so I assume it’s because admissions isn’t responding atm. Also the uni I applied to has given 2024 deferred entry to some students who applied for 2023 entry to medicine probably due to not enough spaces, and some of them have gotten their offers changed to 2023 so on results day do you think it would be worth asking to defer if I get the grades since the uni already has quite a few 2023 app students deferred anyway, and those students can be given 2023 entry? (So it’s not an issue of letting too many students suddenly defer on results day as there’s already students in that position who want to start in 2023)?

I think so, yes. There will be more staff on the phones that day and, if you ask, they can only say no. Guessing this is SGUL.
Original post by M_A564

It's better to try to get confirmation before results day. Phone after 8 August when the current results embargo is lifted.
Reply 3
All you can do is ask - and it depends on which Uni, Bristol as one example will not allow you to as numbers for Medicine are so finely balanced.
It’s worth noting that universities aren’t able to defer conditional offers at this stage of the cycle.

Deferrals have to wait until an offer has been made unconditional now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending