The Student Room Group

URGENT!!! Sfe are yet to process my student loan application SFE help!!

I am currently about to start my university course in September 2023, however I am in a bit of a dilemma as @SFE are unable to process my student loan application as i am unable to provide them with my original documents as they are in the home office due to me applying for a British Citizenship. I have called up student finance and an advisor has told me that I am not eligible for student finance despite the fact that I have lived in the UK for 17 years and I am now 18. I am extremely frustrated as I do not know what next steps to take: should I email SFE asking for an appeal with my home office application reference number attached so that they can do a home office check as I have heard that @SFE do home office checks as a last resort if I am unable to provide my original documents. Apologies for the long message I am just very stressed at the moment and will be willing to listen to any advice. @sfe @studentfinanceengland
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Iram17
I am currently about to start my university course in September 2023, however I am in a bit of a dilemma as @SFE are unable to process my student loan application as i am unable to provide them with my original documents as they are in the home office due to me applying for a British Citizenship. I have called up student finance and an advisor has told me that I am not eligible for student finance despite the fact that I have lived in the UK for 17 years and I am now 18. I am extremely frustrated as I do not know what next steps to take: should I email SFE asking for an appeal with my home office application reference number attached so that they can do a home office check as I have heard that @SFE do home office checks as a last resort if I am unable to provide my original documents. Apologies for the long message I am just very stressed at the moment and will be willing to listen to any advice. @sfe @studentfinanceengland

Hi there,

Yes, if you upload a a cover letter to advise that you do not have access to the evidence required, a Home Office check can be sent out on your behalf.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

Yes, if you upload a a cover letter to advise that you do not have access to the evidence required, a Home Office check can be sent out on your behalf.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare, thank you so much for replying. Would you say it is better for me to send my cover letter by post or simply upload it onto SFE also how long will it take to get a reply back. Thank you.
Original post by Iram17
Hi Clare, thank you so much for replying. Would you say it is better for me to send my cover letter by post or simply upload it onto SFE also how long will it take to get a reply back. Thank you.

Hi there, you can digitally upload this to your account. We however don't have a timescale regarding how long these take but if you keep an eye on your account for this updating. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending