The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Uni of Exeter Muslim students in Penyrn

Hello,

Inshallah I will be going to Exeter this September. Unfortunately, I will not actually be at Exeter but in Penryn campus. I was wondering if other Muslims will be there too?
Reply 1
Original post by Muj1111
Hello,

Inshallah I will be going to Exeter this September. Unfortunately, I will not actually be at Exeter but in Penryn campus. I was wondering if other Muslims will be there too?

Yes! i'm going there to inshallah and have been worried about finding other muslims as the Penryn campus seems to be especially lacking Islamic facilities and diversity.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by ariya1212
Yes! i'm going there to inshallah and have been worried about finding other muslims as the Penryn campus seems to be especially lacking Islamic facilities and diversity.

That’s great! Do you want to get in contact?
Reply 3
Original post by Muj1111
That’s great! Do you want to get in contact?

Sure that sounds great how do you want to get into contact?
Reply 4
Sure that sounds great how do you want to get into contact?

Snap, discord, insta, anything you want
Reply 5
Original post by Muj1111
Snap, discord, insta, anything you want

My instagram is ariya.a05
Reply 6
My instagram is ariya.a05

Idk if I sent it to the right person but mine is muj_al04
Reply 7
Original post by Muj1111
Hello,

Hey, I may not be Muslim but I’m south Asian and was looking to get in touch with other poc going to penryn campus, my insta is derin.madn . Feel free to drop a message!
Original post by Muj1111
Hello,

Hey, well done for getting into Exeter University! Hopefully you will love your time at the Penryn campus and enjoy everything it has to offer, such as the beautiful scenery and beaches and the close-knit community.

The Students' Union on our Penryn Campus is shared between Exeter and Falmouth Universities. Having had a look at the SU website, I can see that there is an Islamic Society, where you should be able to meet lots of people through their society events. Make sure to look out for them during Welcome Week and keep an eye on their social media for upcoming events! There is also a full list of societies here which it might be worth looking through to see where else you can meet people with common connections.

Best of luck starting uni - let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Nina
University of Exeter Student Ambassador
Reply 9
Original post by ExeterStudentRep
Hey, well done for getting into Exeter University! Hopefully you will love your time at the Penryn campus and enjoy everything it has to offer, such as the beautiful scenery and beaches and the close-knit community.

The Students' Union on our Penryn Campus is shared between Exeter and Falmouth Universities. Having had a look at the SU website, I can see that there is an Islamic Society, where you should be able to meet lots of people through their society events. Make sure to look out for them during Welcome Week and keep an eye on their social media for upcoming events! There is also a full list of societies here which it might be worth looking through to see where else you can meet people with common connections.

Best of luck starting uni - let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Nina

Hello,

I’m trying to get in contact with the accommodation team over an urgent matter regarding accommodation; I was allocated shared accommodation but due to religious reasons, this option simply isn’t viable for me… they aren’t responding to my email either and I can’t call them because I’m away in a country with a SIM that isn’t supported. I’m very lost on what to do and only have till the 9th of sept because that is the deadline to accept my accommodation…
Original post by Muj1111
Hello,

I’m trying to get in contact with the accommodation team over an urgent matter regarding accommodation; I was allocated shared accommodation but due to religious reasons, this option simply isn’t viable for me… they aren’t responding to my email either and I can’t call them because I’m away in a country with a SIM that isn’t supported. I’m very lost on what to do and only have till the 9th of sept because that is the deadline to accept my accommodation…

Hi Muj1111,

I've been in contact with my supervisor who has reached out to Accommodation and they have advised to email either:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Hopefully if you do this then the right person will be able to pick it up and sort this out for you! I hope this helps:smile:

Bethan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending