The Student Room Group

Official: Hull York Medical School A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
so it could have increased by 10 points from 2019 to 2020?
Reply 61
Original post by LIUDD
thank you, there's no way it would have increased by that much though?

The scores you quote are post interview for an offer, I think, not at application to be shortlisted. Scores have gone up ridiculously the last couple of years, either way
Reply 62
Original post by LIUDD
so it could have increased by 10 points from 2019 to 2020?

i think i've messed up my chances of getting into medicine. :frown: Maybe I should just apply to pharmacy instead. I'm thinking pharmacy at nottingham or manchester and going into clinical pharmacy and doing a pharm D
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 63
hmm... how did you find the cutoff of 76 points?
Original post by LIUDD
hmm... how did you find the cutoff of 76 points?

last year's thread - people were rejected with 76 points, invited to interview with 77 points
Reply 65
Original post by reubenn05
last year's thread - people were rejected with 76 points, invited to interview with 77 points

i dont think tsr is that accurate though, but at the top of this post it says 76 was the cutoff
Original post by LIUDD
i dont think tsr is that accurate though, but at the top of this post it says 76 was the cutoff

it says 77 was the cutoff. well it's the best bet at knowing what the cutoff was, as hyms don't publish their cutoff
Reply 67
okay, i understand, thank you
Reply 68
is a score of 81 safe? also how will they check if you attend a WP programme?
it says 77 was the cutoff. well it's the best bet at knowing what the cutoff was, as hyms don't publish their cutoff

Reubenn could u advise on which other two safe options i could apply to? I am a resit applicant (w expectio al circumstances) w AAA predictions (i got abb so resitting), 9999999998 gcses, 2540 band 1 ucat for which I got the bursary. I’m applying to HYMS and lincoln but need two more! Are there any more safe options i could apply to do u think?
Original post by holycookie
Reubenn could u advise on which other two safe options i could apply to? I am a resit applicant (w expectio al circumstances) w AAA predictions (i got abb so resitting), 9999999998 gcses, 2540 band 1 ucat for which I got the bursary. I’m applying to HYMS and lincoln but need two more! Are there any more safe options i could apply to do u think?

aston is probably a good option, as you fulfil the contextual criteria and therefore will probably have a lower cutoff, as WP candidates are cohorted. you score 31 and the WP cutoff last year was 30.5 i think. sunderland an option if have 200+ hours volunteering/caring work.
aston is probably a good option, as you fulfil the contextual criteria and therefore will probably have a lower cutoff, as WP candidates are cohorted. you score 31 and the WP cutoff last year was 30.5 i think. sunderland an option if have 200+ hours volunteering/caring work.

Thanks for your reply!! Isnt Aston A*AA or would they still accept me w AAA if im context? Btw is context that same as wp? I could do sunderland so thx for this!!
Original post by holycookie

Thanks for your reply!! Isnt Aston A*AA or would they still accept me w AAA if im context? Btw is context that same as wp? I could do sunderland so thx for this!!

aston's contextual offer is AAB. contextual is the same as WP.
Reply 73
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply to hull? I am non contextual
Original post by a17006
I got 2730 Band 2. A*A*A predictions. 10gcses all grade 7 except one 8 two 6's. Is it safe to apply to hull? I am non contextual

unfortunately no
Reply 75
unfortunately no

could you pls explain i thought i meet their requirements
Original post by a17006
could you pls explain i thought i meet their requirements

they use a scoring system based on gcses, ucat, sjt and contextual, the cutoff last year was 77 out of a maximum of 100, which means if you were non contextual it equated to a 2670+ ucat, sjt band 1 and 6+ 9s at gcse. unfortunately, you drop a lot of points for gcses as hull york score top 6 gcses, you also drop around 5 points for band 2.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 77
Hello
I was wondering what universities I could possibly apply to. I’m not sure if it is still a possibility for me.

My predicted grades are :A*A*A*
My GCSE’s:
9chem
9physics
8bio
9english lit
8english lang
8history
7 maths
7r and p
7 Spanish
6drama

My UCAT score was quite low,
Reply 78
Is 88 points safe or risky thank you :smile:
Original post by Ryry9
Is 88 points safe or risky thank you :smile:

very safe, as the maximum a non contextual can score is 85, and you are 11 points above last year's cutoff

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending