The Student Room Group

Official: Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi. I am international student on gap year.
GCSE 10 x 9s and 1 x 8
Achieved 3A* (bio, mats and eng lit) + A (Chem) + EPQ A*
UCAT 2990 Band 2

What is the tariff point? Will they count 3A* or 2A*1A (as A is chemistry)
And chance of interview is safe for international student?
Reply 61
Do I have a chance at an interview with a UCAT of 2630 and a UCAS Tariff of 252 (I do IB so I can get a higher UCAS Tariff than A level applicants).
Hi,

My stats are:
2900 ucat
but sjt band 3
and 11A*s 1A at GCSE
Predicted A*A*A*A*
Polar4 quintile 1 ( I go to a high performing grammar school so im not sure if the quintile still counts)

Do I still have a chance at interview even with the band 3 as im not sure how much it will contribute to the final decision.
Hey, can someone please advise if I would be likely to get an interview at QMUL ??
UCAT : 2760 Band 1 (VR 700 DM 680 AR 690 QR 690)
GCSES : 7 A*s (8888888)
Predicted A*A*A in chem psych bio
Also meet the criteria for a contextual offer
(edited 7 months ago)
do you think a score around this (2760 b1) would be less risky for a contextual applicant?? do they take contextual data into consideration ?
Original post by reubenn05
cutoff for A*AA last year was 2730, so would be a bit risky
Reply 65
GCSE 9998888877 (7 in biology)
UCAT 2800 band 1
Predicted A* A* A
Looking good for QMUL ?
I don’t know how ucas tariff points work
Please help
Thanks
Original post by Anaeem12
GCSE 9998888877 (7 in biology)
UCAT 2800 band 1
Predicted A* A* A
Looking good for QMUL ?
I don’t know how ucas tariff points work
Please help
Thanks

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator

you can use this to calculate your tariff points
i’ve heard that they’re using your top 3 alevels rather than tariff this year but i’m not sure wether that’s true or not!
Hi, I am a Biomedical Sciences Bsc Graduate with 1:1 honours, 2820 Band 2 score applying to the undergraduate program. Is QMUL a good option for me?
Reply 68
Hi there, 2850 Band 1 with A*AA. Is this safe for an interview? I have read 3 different cutoffs mentioned in this thread of 2720, 2730 and 2880 so slightly confused as to what was the correct UCAT cutoff for A*AA. Please advice. Does anyone know the UCAT cutoff for each of the combinations of predicted A level grades i.e., A*A*A*, A*A*A and A*AA please?
Original post by 123js
Hi there, 2850 Band 1 with A*AA. Is this safe for an interview? I have read 3 different cutoffs mentioned in this thread of 2720, 2730 and 2880 so slightly confused as to what was the correct UCAT cutoff for A*AA. Please advice. Does anyone know the UCAT cutoff for each of the combinations of predicted A level grades i.e., A*A*A*, A*A*A and A*AA please?

cutoff for A*AA was 2730. for 3A* and A*A*A the cutoff was 2720. the 2880 cutoff is combined ucat score + ucas tariff
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 70
cutoff for A*AA was 2730. for 3A* and A*A*A the cutoff was 2720. the 2880 cutoff is combined ucat score + ucas tariff

Thanks a lot for the confirmation.
Original post by 123js

That’s a really good score well done!!
I think you have a good chance and should apply, maybe with one ‘safer’ option as well
They use SJT after interview i’m pretty sure???? Which would be good for you having got band 1
Hi, I am a Biomedical Sciences Bsc Graduate with 1:1 honours, 2820 Band 2 score applying to the undergraduate program. Is QMUL a good option for me?
Reply 73
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
That’s a really good score well done!!
I think you have a good chance and should apply, maybe with one ‘safer’ option as well
They use SJT after interview i’m pretty sure???? Which would be good for you having got band 1

Thank you.
Reply 74
yes, for A*A*A* or A*A*A. 2730 was the cutoff for A*AA

Thanks for this. Where are these figures published ie how does one find out where the cut off was for different predicted grade predictions?
Reply 75

Thanks-
Is the maximum tariff one can get 168 as only 3 A-levels are being counted?
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Shslini
Thanks but isn t the maximum ucat tariff one can get 152?( (From 3 A levels)?

yes, then you add on your ucat score to get your total score
Reply 77
Barts says they do a UCAT and UCAS academic qualifications weighted score, looking at previous stats of 2020 there are instance where the average is 242 ucas points, how can this be possible with 3/4A*, surely must be other qualification. For a normal school leaver there max would be 3 A* which would be 168, how much does this compensate the UCAT scores.

I have 2690, with A*A*A* (168), is there a chance get an interview? don't know where i get this weighted score calculation.

this is for 2023, from FOI
For 2023, the threshold for successful applicants who were classified as 'Home' for tuition fee purposes who received an offer directly after interview was an overall interview score of 79 and above. This included their overall interview score and points awarded for their SJT band. The threshold for successful applicants who were classified as 'Overseas' for tuition fee purposes who received an offer directly after interview was an overall interview score of 84 and above. This included their overall interview score and points awarded for their SJT band.

SJT Band 1 = 2 points
SJT Band 2 = 1 point
SJT Bands 3 and 4 = 0 points

A100 Home - Overall cut off score for offer = 79/100
A100 Home - Overall cut off score for waiting list = 68/100
A100 Overseas - Overall cut off score for offer = 84/100
A100 Overseas - Overall cut off score for waiting list = 80/100

where can we find out about the weighted score is calculated out of 100.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 78
Original post by Sami.v
Barts says they do a UCAT and UCAS academic qualifications weighted score, looking at previous stats of 2020 there are instance where the average is 242 ucas points, how can this be possible with 3/4A*, surely must be other qualification. For a normal school leaver there max would be 3 A* which would be 168, how much does this compensate the UCAT scores.

I have 2690, with A*A*A* (168), is there a chance get an interview? don't know where i get this weighted score calculation.

this is for 2023, from FOI
For 2023, the threshold for successful applicants who were classified as 'Home' for tuition fee purposes who received an offer directly after interview was an overall interview score of 79 and above. This included their overall interview score and points awarded for their SJT band. The threshold for successful applicants who were classified as 'Overseas' for tuition fee purposes who received an offer directly after interview was an overall interview score of 84 and above. This included their overall interview score and points awarded for their SJT band.

SJT Band 1 = 2 points
SJT Band 2 = 1 point
SJT Bands 3 and 4 = 0 points

A100 Home - Overall cut off score for offer = 79/100
A100 Home - Overall cut off score for waiting list = 68/100
A100 Overseas - Overall cut off score for offer = 84/100
A100 Overseas - Overall cut off score for waiting list = 80/100

where can we find out about the weighted score is calculated out of 100.

Barts changed their shortlisting to just include the 3 A levels needed for their requirements last year and before that, other UCAS points were included.

Nobody knows how they score things at interview, as they do not release scoring sheets
Reply 79
I got an email from barts stating that they don't do 50:50 weighting for ucat: predicted grades anymore. I don't know if this is old news or not but I thought I'd let people know.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending