The Student Room Group

Official: Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Do you know what they are doing instead?

Original post by sajibear4
I got an email from barts stating that they don't do 50:50 weighting for ucat: predicted grades anymore. I don't know if this is old news or not but I thought I'd let people know.
Reply 81
Original post by aburnttoast
Do you know what they are doing instead?

This is exactly what they said:
"The calculation is no longer at 50:50 weighting and as such, assessment would therefore be based on UCAT, plus the qualifications that meet our entry requirements and count towards an offer of A*AA. Offers have always been made according to the minimum entry requirements of A*AA"
They sent 2 emails (I just asked about interview scoring), both essentially the same but only the 2nd one included this piece of information. Maybe they changed their interview selection last minute like they apparently did last year. I have no idea though, only speculating.
Hi, I am applying for Barts this year!

Predicted: A*A*A
GCSEs: 11 Grade 8/9s
UCAT: 2790 B2

Hoping the cutoff doesn't increase drastically and I am somehow able to score an interview! Does anyone have any interview tips for QMUL?
Hi would it be risky to apply to barts with 2760B1 and predicted A*A*A*
Reply 84
Hiya I got 2800 B2 in my UCAT and A*AA predicted (with A in EPQ but apparently that does not matter anymore) - I went to the open day in June and they said they took all aspects of UCAS tariff into account but idk
Do I have a shot at interview? (non contextual)
GCSES: 8 nines and 1 eight (A in modern Greek)
Original post by Yupthatsfine
Hi would it be risky to apply to barts with 2760B1 and predicted A*A*A*

I think you have a decent chance of getting an interview with those stats, there may be safer options for a 4th option however

Exeter would be a good one too IF you meet the criteria for a contextual offer. :smile:
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
I think you have a decent chance of getting an interview with those stats, there may be safer options for a 4th option however

Exeter would be a good one too IF you meet the criteria for a contextual offer. :smile:

Thank you but i am non contextual, thank you for the advice tho!
Reply 87
Can anyone confirm what style of interview Barts use? MMI or Panel style?
Reply 88
Original post by Shslini

Websites are a good place to start looking for this sort of information
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/fmd/study/undergraduate/courses/a100/selection-criteria/
Reply 89
Hi, I'm aware that for A-level applicants, tariff points are scored based on their best three subjects to make up a score, does anyone know how that works for IB applicants though?

I am planning to apply to Qmul with IB 41 and 777HL, with 2860 Band 2 and tariff points of 260. I am an international student though
Reply 90
Original post by GANFYD
Websites are a good place to start looking for this sort of information
https://www.qmul.ac.uk/fmd/study/undergraduate/courses/a100/selection-criteria/

Thank you- the wording reads:
Interview panels typically consist of two members of senior academic or clinical staff, a medical student and sometimes a lay selector.
I just wanted to confirm this means this is a panel style interview given the use of the word panels and 4 people are interviewing - I was just confused as equally a panel could be present for a mmi?
(Original post by impendingdoom04)Got 2880 B3. Anyone know if the sjt band is too low? I feel like it’s risky lowkey :/

Barts only gives 2 points for band 1 and 1 point for band 2 in the 50 total points u can get interview so your sjt band really only makes a difference if your interview perfermance is borderline. In previous years getting 38-41 is generally what get you an offer but as long as you prepare well you should be fine.
Reply 92
Hi. Does anyone know when Barts are sending interviews out?
Original post by Shslini

Panel x
Original post by Shslini
Hi. Does anyone know when Barts are sending interviews out?

apparently the first batch of interviews was sent out yesterday.
Reply 95
Original post by Tk1234509876

Do you know what kind of ucat score they were sent out to?
Original post by Tk1234509876

were they just home students? Or international and home?
Reply 97
Original post by GANFYD
Barts changed their shortlisting to just include the 3 A levels needed for their requirements last year and before that, other UCAS points were included.

Nobody knows how they score things at interview, as they do not release scoring sheets

Barts did send out the scoring system to those interviewed who requested the details. 2 interviewers, each one gave a score out of 10 for 4 main questions and an overall score, also out of 10. The scores were then added together to give a score out of 100. Prior to 2023 cycle, the score was out of 50, as each question was worth 5 marks.
Reply 98
Original post by NGKT
Barts did send out the scoring system to those interviewed who requested the details. 2 interviewers, each one gave a score out of 10 for 4 main questions and an overall score, also out of 10. The scores were then added together to give a score out of 100. Prior to 2023 cycle, the score was out of 50, as each question was worth 5 marks.

Yes, but I have not seen them say how they allocate a score, ie a scoring matrix, just the points allocated?
Maybe I misunderstood the question...
Reply 99
Any GEM applicants heard about interviews?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending