The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A100 (BM5) 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by rh1209
Aw amazing thanks for sharing, so would everyone contextual with 2610 or above have been invited then?

yep! they basically ranked the contextuals by ucat and the top 90 (that got invited for interview) had UCAT's of 2610 or above :smile:
Reply 41
Original post by rh1209
Do we think this would be a safe option for me as a contextual applicant? Achieved A-Levels A*AC(resitting and predicted A*AA) and a UCAT of 2720 B1. GCSE’s A*AAAAABBB (letters as from NI)

hey, i think so :smile: i am applying as contextual with 2700 b1 and the lady on the phone and on open day said that even 2700 was much higher than any of their previous cut offs so very high chance for interview
southampton have only been running contextual for last 3/4 years and cut offs have been 2450 - 2610 but never higher than that so far
Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋

Don’t hesitate if you any questions about studying medicine at Southampton, really happy to answer your questions or direct you to someone who can!

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk
Hi what could you describe the course structure and also what is Southampton like generally?
Reply 44
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋

Don’t hesitate if you any questions about studying medicine at Southampton, really happy to answer your questions or direct you to someone who can!

hi, do you use prosection or cadaveric dissections at southampton? and is it pbl learning :smile:
Original post by choco1234
hi, do you use prosection or cadaveric dissections at southampton? and is it pbl learning :smile:

Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at Southampton here 👋
We have prosection, which for me was a better way to learn cause the specimens were of really good quality and we didn’t have to worry about messing up, we could just focus on learning.
Anatomy is a mix a PBL in the lab with your group, and anatomy lectures.
Most teaching is lecture based with small group tutorials.

Hope this is helpful!

Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Reply 46
Original post by rh1209
is there any gcs for people who’ve applied? or does anyone wanna make one?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5715650
Interview dates are updated on the website now, BM4, BM5 and BM6.
Reply 48
Original post by circusqueen
Interview dates are updated on the website now, BM4, BM5 and BM6.

Where? Can you send the link please
Original post by anonjett
Where? Can you send the link please

Medicine Degree BM5 | BMBS | University of Southampton
Just scroll to the bottom a bit. The earliest one is in January
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 50
Original post by hameedah:)

When does Southampton send invites for interviews typically if interviews are end of Jan?

Do they offer to pick a date or just allocate one to you?
Original post by M.S.R
Original post by hameedah:)

When does Southampton send invites for interviews typically if interviews are end of Jan?

Do they offer to pick a date or just allocate one to you?

On their website it says they send out invitations about 2-3 weeks before the interview so I think they’ll send out invitations in early January for home students but for international students they may send out invitations a bit earlier.

I have no idea whether you pick a date or they allocate one to you.
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 52
does anyone know when offers for interviews are coming out?
Original post by bekaoncns
what was last years cut off?

3160 i believe
Original post by KarenAshcroft
3160 i believe

no it wasn't
Reply 55
Original post by KarenAshcroft
3160 i believe

That doesn't sound very likely, even for international students
Reply 56
Did anyone else get an email asking for a share code to assess fee status? Did you reply directly to the email it was sent from? I just replied to the email but not sure if that's right
Reply 57
Original post by BigPPLad
Did anyone else get an email asking for a share code to assess fee status? Did you reply directly to the email it was sent from? I just replied to the email but not sure if that's right

When did you receive that email? If you don’t mind, what’s your UCAT score and SJT band? We haven’t heard anything from Southampton yet.
Reply 58
Original post by M.S.R
When did you receive that email? If you don’t mind, what’s your UCAT score and SJT band? We haven’t heard anything from Southampton yet.

Hi mate, sorry for late reply. I got that email on Thursday at 1am. 2640 Band 2 UCAT but I'm a mature non-graduate, not a school leaver
Reply 59
Did anyone receive an email today to say their application was been looked at....I had a shock thought itcwas rejection

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending