The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Official City, University of London freshers 2023 chat

Hello and welcome to all the City, University of London Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at City, University of London

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey! I'm Maria (instagram m.khaleva)
I'll be studying Business Management, Innovative tech)
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I’m Chloe and I’m studying Music, Sound and Technology- living out in Romano court first year and wondering what’s everyone doing for freshers (if anything at all) :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by cedelede
Hi, I’m Chloe and I’m studying Music, Sound and Technology- living out in Romano court first year and wondering what’s everyone doing for freshers (if anything at all) :smile:

hii im in romano too! do you have ig?
Reply 4
Original post by hannluvs
hii im in romano too! do you have ig?

yes i dooo!! @ch103103 send me a message omg
Hiii, I'm studying Optometry; I like watching films, trying new things and reading fiction; and I'm most looking forward to seeing what university social life is like, balancing the societies, sports and studying.
Hi I’m studying international political economy first year ,I was wonder if any of you have received registration email form city university?
hey , I'm Davincey, I'm studying Cyber Security! I love music, manga, and video games. I'm staying in romano court , and i hope i can get along with some of you :3 my ig is @draag.0n
(edited 7 months ago)
hey, i’m aiyla
will be studying psychology :smile:)
i’m a HUGE swiftie and gracie abrams fan
Reply 9
Hey! I'm Lara and I'm going to be studying a foundation year for optometry. I loveee visiting new places in London with my friends and playing video games as soon as I get home hahaa. If anyone else is also doing foundation optometry lmk!!! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I’m studying international political economy first year ,I was wonder if any of you have received registration email form city university?

hii yes, ive gotten mine, I got it on the 21st August! maybe contact them if you still haven't got it??
Reply 11
hiiii i’m Laina,, i’m gonna be studying English starting october ((: msg me on ig (@lainafomiceva) i’m new to london and looking for friends ^_^
(edited 7 months ago)
Hi I’m Karim and I’m going to be studying actuarial science. I’m also staying at Romano court
Original post by Pxnyl_
Hey! I'm Lara and I'm going to be studying a foundation year for optometry. I loveee visiting new places in London with my friends and playing video games as soon as I get home hahaa. If anyone else is also doing foundation optometry lmk!!! :smile:

Hey Lara, I am also studying foundation for optometry!
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Hey Lara, I am also studying foundation for optometry!

Hey, that's great to hear!! <3333 I have met some others who are also doing foundation for optom in city and we've created a whatsapp gc. Dm if you're interested in joining (and also for anyone else) :smile:
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 15
How’s it going,

I’m Aman, I plan to be doing a foundation year which will allow me to study an Aerospace Engineering degree…

I need new friends in the area as I don’t live in London so hmu on ig (@u.v.w.v)

Anyone got any engineering gc’s? Lmk :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Pxnyl_

Heyyy I am
Original post by Pxnyl_
Hey, that's great to hear!! <3333 I have met some others who are also doing foundation for optom in city and we've created a whatsapp gc. Dm if you're interested in joining (and also for anyone else) :smile:

Hii I’m in year 13 and want to apply for the optom foundation year, did you apply through clearing? What are some things I should write on my personal statement bc I haven’t been able to get work exp? And do city do interviews? So sorry for these questions, it’s so hard finding info on the optom foundation year :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by spooky123
Hii I’m in year 13 and want to apply for the optom foundation year, did you apply through clearing? What are some things I should write on my personal statement bc I haven’t been able to get work exp? And do city do interviews? So sorry for these questions, it’s so hard finding info on the optom foundation year :frown:

That's okay, I know that when I was applying it was super hard to find information about Optom let alone foundation year optom so I'd be more than happy to help!! I applied through clearing as I didn't make it into the main course. Some really good things to write in your ps would be any times you've done volunteering. When I was writing my ps it was actually for medicine, but I got my two offers for optom. As long as you show genuine interest in wanting to work in healthcare and that you're curious about learning, I'm sure you will be fine. I believe City do interviews however they gave me an offer around march so I didn't need to attend an interview. (this was really brief but if you need more support or have specific questions dm me :smile:)
Original post by Evil Homer
Hello and welcome to all the City, University of London Freshers of 2023! :hello:

You made it through your exams, results day has been and gone, and now you finally know where you’ll be headed in just a few weeks! :thumbsup:

This is a place where you can introduce yourself, meet other students who’ll be joining you at university, and make a few friends even before you arrive! :yeah:

So to kick off, why not introduce yourself with:
What course you’ll be studying
What you like doing in your spare time
What you’re most looking forward to about studying at City, University of London

Only share as much information as you wish.
In this forum, you can post anonymously if you tick the box at the bottom. :smile:

Finally, a few useful threads you might want to take a look at to help you prepare:
Remember to update your student finance application - The Student Room

Good luck everyone and a massive WELL DONE for everything you have achieved!

hey guys! im gonna be at northampton square doing intro to health sciences.
add me on snap: @jenr.ysx
i'm new to the area soo would love to make some friends. xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending