The Student Room Group

Official: Lancaster University A100 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
anyone got invites from Lancaster med school yet? I normally get like 6.5 and 4 in sections 1 and 2. I got no sleep that night and I got 11.7 on test day. rip... my predicted, GCSEs, personal statement is excellent tho. just a fingers crossed+pray now
Would 13.2 A be safe enough for an interview?
Original post by zaa5
anyone got invites from Lancaster med school yet? I normally get like 6.5 and 4 in sections 1 and 2. I got no sleep that night and I got 11.7 on test day. rip... my predicted, GCSEs, personal statement is excellent tho. just a fingers crossed+pray now

What you get section 3? They count that as well
Reply 43
Original post by Mr Nugget
What you get section 3? They count that as well

3.0 A
Original post by zaa5

3.0 A

Was that with the 11.7?
Reply 45
Original post by Mr Nugget
Would 13.2 A be safe enough for an interview?

Yep, the past cut offs are much below that
Reply 46
11.7 total for me. I was unlucky as I usually would get like 13-14.5. but on test day I got virtually no sleep so... future gone.... unless a miracle occurs
Reply 47
Original post by zaa5
11.7 total for me. I was unlucky as I usually would get like 13-14.5. but on test day I got virtually no sleep so... future gone.... unless a miracle occurs

That was the cut off for last year though, so you may still have a chance. Don’t lose hope. You have other unis too I assume?
Reply 48
Do we know if Lancaster consider special consideration for the BMAT as I sent mine to Cambridge Assessments on test day. I know places like Imperial say they uplift scores on their website, but couldn’t find info for Lancs.
Does anyone know when interview invites will be sent out?
Reply 50
Original post by ijg iocjp5oijg
Does anyone know when interview invites will be sent out?

Mid december
Original post by zion.a21
if you analyse the 2023 spread of results compared to 2022 then section 1 was almost the same, section 2 was a bit lower this year on average and section 3 was almost the same so the chances are the cut off of 11.8 will be pretty similar unless there is a dramatic increase or decrease in the calibre of students who applied to lancasters vs last year. i got 12.3A so lets just hope that the cut off point doesnt change too much but you should be fine. just start interview prep id say :smile:

hi, i thought that applicants did slightly better this year in S1? Idk, i just thought the cut offs were increasing a bit
Reply 52
Original post by sophiahh
Do we know if Lancaster consider special consideration for the BMAT as I sent mine to Cambridge Assessments on test day. I know places like Imperial say they uplift scores on their website, but couldn’t find info for Lancs.

Hi! I also got special consideration and Cambridge admissions bump up your score by the amount they think is appropiate. So, the result you got on BMAT results day already accounts for the special consideration and you are ranked like any other applicant by the uni.

Hope that helps!
Reply 53
Assume everyone is still waiting to hear about interviews?
Original post by Antyy
Assume everyone is still waiting to hear about interviews?

Yes, I've not received anything yet but I rung admission team and they said they should be sending out invites this week and onwards
Reply 55
Original post by eiman.bibi
Yes, I've not received anything yet but I rung admission team and they said they should be sending out invites this week and onwards

Thanks. What is your BMAT score if you don't mind me asking? Mine is 12.6 and I'm really hoping I receive an invite!
Original post by Antyy
Thanks. What is your BMAT score if you don't mind me asking? Mine is 12.6 and I'm really hoping I receive an invite!

you should do thats way above last years cutoff!
Original post by zaa5

bro im in the same boat, i got 11.7 nd i did past paper the day b4 the exam and got a 6.0 and 5.1 my ps, predicted, gcses are all sick asw
Reply 58
Original post by Kababsauce

bro im in the same boat, i got 11.7 nd i did past paper the day b4 the exam and got a 6.0 and 5.1 my ps, predicted, gcses are all sick asw

Same I got 11.7
I hope we get an interview
Original post by Dhdjdb
Same I got 11.7
I hope we get an interview

ive already firmed the rejection for lancaster, i got bssms interview and the other 2 are pending
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending