The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University Applicant Thread 2024

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
I've submitted an application for Theoretical Physics and am studying Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths, and have an EPQ.
Currently panicking about replies but hey I guess I just have to wait :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by asqwdfrgthjk
Hi,
I've submitted an application for Theoretical Physics and am studying Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths, and have an EPQ.

When my daughter applied for physics, particle physics and cosmology back in 2020, it was about 4-5 weeks before she heard anything, then week later was interview and couple of days after that she got the offer. Also did the same alevels + epq :smile:
Hi,

There's no point panicking as unis have until May to reply to you. :sadnod: Some unis take the gathered field approach where they wait until the equal consideration deadline (31 Jan) before they start making offers. Others make offers as they receive applications.
Hi,

Hey @asqwdfrgthjk
There is absolutely no need to worry.
Universities usually wait for most of the applications to process in before reviewing and replying as to being more fair.
When I had applied for my undergrad, some universities got back to me in a few days where as some didnt get back to me by january.

since there is nothing more you can do at the moment, I would just suggest you relax and focus on your final year :smile:
Hope this helps,
Vyomika(LU Student Ambassador)
Reply 24
Original post by emm4nuella
for me, i am doing Psychology Sociology and Spanish - and i want to study linguistics :smile:

that’s similar to me!!! i’m doing english language, psychology and history and want to study english language and linguistics :smile:
Hello everyone, welcome to the official discussion thread for students considering applying to @Lancaster University for 2024 entry! You can chat with other applicants, and see if you can find someone who could be applying to the same course as you <3! Also, let us know what A Levels you are taking and why you want to apply to this uni!! :smile:

Hi, thinking of applying for Economics at Lancaster. Do you know if Lancaster makes reduced grade offers if they are put down as first choice on the UCAS application? Some other universities are offering this and I was wondering if Lancaster might do the same.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, thinking of applying for Economics at Lancaster. Do you know if Lancaster makes reduced grade offers if they are put down as first choice on the UCAS application? Some other universities are offering this and I was wondering if Lancaster might do the same.

omg that exists? what other unis do that?
Original post by xxizzyg
that’s similar to me!!! i’m doing english language, psychology and history and want to study english language and linguistics :smile:

yay what unis are you thinking of?
omg that exists? what other unis do that?

Went to Reading open day last weekend and they said that for Economics, they would give a reduced grade offer if you were to make them your first choice.

Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

It would be best to contact the economics department to enquire about this. Here is the link for all the contacts for Economics https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/contact-us/#d.en.333351.

From my personal experience, when I applied to Lancaster back in 2020, I was offered reduced grades if I put Lancaster down as my first choice. However, this was for a non Economics-related course so it’s best to check with the department :smile:

Smriti (Student Ambassador)
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi there,

Thank you for your question.

It would be best to contact the economics department to enquire about this. Here is the link for all the contacts for Economics https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lums/contact-us/#d.en.333351.

From my personal experience, when I applied to Lancaster back in 2020, I was offered reduced grades if I put Lancaster down as my first choice. However, this was for a non Economics-related course so it’s best to check with the department :smile:

Smriti (Student Ambassador)

Is there any offers for marketing related degree of reduced entry requirements grade if we put them as first choice
Original post by Ghostlady
Thanks :smile: shes currently finishing of her literature review so will be getting that sorted before she applies :smile:

@Ghostlady [br] [br] Ah yes I remember writing my own lit review for the mphys. I hope that it’s all going well for her!

Tineke
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi,

@asqwdfrgthjk [br] [br] Ah physics is a great choice. Although I might be biased as a physics student myself. If you have any questions about Lancaster physics feel free to ask!

Tineke
Original post by xxizzyg

Hi @xxizzyg [br] [br] Best of luck with your subjects!

If you have any questions about Lancaster feel free to ask :smile:

Tineke
Original post by Ghostlady
When my daughter applied for physics, particle physics and cosmology back in 2020, it was about 4-5 weeks before she heard anything, then week later was interview and couple of days after that she got the offer. Also did the same alevels + epq :smile:

Guess we might be the same person! What topic was her EPQ on? Mine was on sustainability and renewable energy resources.
Glad to get an idea of timescales - I don't really know anyone who applied for physics
(edited 6 months ago)
Guess we might be the same person! What topic was her EPQ on? Mine was on sustainability and renewable energy resources.
Glad to get an idea of timescales - I don't really know anyone who applied for physics

Hi!
I am not a physics student so I am not really versed with the system however if you want, you could go on the Ask A Student platform and actually have a chance to talk with different physics students currently studying at Lancaster about their application experience and it may have some relevance to you.
I will leave the link here for you.
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/

Glory,
Lancaster University Student.

Her EPQ was on particle physics :smile: She did a work experience at notts uni and fell in love with that side of physics. :smile:
Is there any offers for marketing related degree of reduced entry requirements grade if we put them as first choice

Hi Anon,

I'm not sure specifically for marketing, though the best thing for getting the most up-to-date info would be to shoot the Admissions Office an email ([email protected]), on give them a ring on +44 (0)1524 592028. They were super lovely and really helpful when I was applying and worrying about meeting the entry requirements for my course!

Lancaster can also make a contextual offers depending on a student's circumstances, which is definitely worth looking into and checking if you're eligible. There's some more information on that here.

Sometimes having an extra qualification can help get a reduced grade, as certain courses may take a high-quality EPQ or strong AS level grade into account and lead to a reduced offer. Though again, this is always worth triple-checking with the Admissions Office as they can point you to the best information for your specific course, and help avoid any disappointing outcomes!

Hope this helps!

Millie
Hi All, I Applied to Lancaster for A100. But I didn't receive any confirmation from the university whether they received my application or not? Are they usually send any email when they receive an application for A100? Please let me know
Original post by teletubbies1238
Hi All, I Applied to Lancaster for A100. But I didn't receive any confirmation from the university whether they received my application or not? Are they usually send any email when they receive an application for A100? Please let me know

When did you submit your application? I got a confirmation email from them within a week but that could just be my course. Some of the other universities responded over two weeks after I applied - I wouldn't worry if you're getting confirmation emails from other universities - the application would be with them, they just might not have emailed yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending