The Student Room Group

Will my Law firm be able to see my university application?

I'm currently working and through my employer I will be studying a postgraduate law degree for 1 year, which my employer will fund. On top of that I intend to use my work supervisor as my referee.I have 1 problem. When studying at university I left my first uni after the 1st year ended and went to study a different course at another university, where I completed a full degree.

Since I didn't just drop out mid way through my first year and decided to see it through till the end, I ended up taking the exams and received a Higher National Certificate (HNC) qualification when I left. This was graded at a 2:2 as I performed badly. I then completed my full degree and got a 2:1 at the other university.When applying for this job I am unsure whether I mentioned the HNC I received or the first year I wasted at the 1st university (has me abit paranoid that if I didn't disclose it and they found out then I would be in big trouble for lying/may lose my job).

Now I am applying for this postgraduate course where i am required to disclose all my past education. I am planning on disclosing my HNC and my wasted year at the 1st university, as I'm sure this university will have a way of finding out my educational background. However, I am now worried and wondering if my employer will be able to see my university application, where they would find out about my HNC qualification and the year of university I potentially didn't disclose.

Will my employer be able to see all of these details if they are funding the degree/ giving me a reference?
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending