The Student Room Group

Teacher Training 2024 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by auroragroh
Hey thanks for replying!
Secondary - I currently work in a school as a teaching assistant so hoping to do this at my school if poss :smile:

What subject are you applying for?
Original post by 04MR17
What subject are you applying for?

Drama :smile:
Original post by auroragroh
Drama :smile:

Ah don't worry.
Some unis may not give you any maths assessment (provided you have a pass at GCSE).
I believe some unis do, it depends where you apply to.
The bursaries and scholarships available for courses starting in the 2024/2025 academic year have been revealed.

https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/funding-and-support/scholarships-and-bursaries

itt2425.png
Applications are now open for 2024/25 entry!
Reply 25
Hello Everyone, i just applied for secondary mathematics. I applied to The University of Manchester, University of Cambridge, Oxford University and UCL.
Original post by Scary
Hello Everyone, i just applied for secondary mathematics. I applied to The University of Manchester, University of Cambridge, Oxford University and UCL.

Good luck! I have just applied to UCL and Kingston for Citizenship
I've applied for secondary maths at Newcastle, Durham, York, and Sunderland.
Reply 28
Morning, applying for Primary (SEND) - does anyone know how long you usually wait to hear after submitting application or does this vary based on provider?
Original post by hbacon1
Morning, applying for Primary (SEND) - does anyone know how long you usually wait to hear after submitting application or does this vary based on provider?

All I've read is that the whole process (interview plus offer) has to be done within 40 days of you submitting an application.
Original post by Uni_student3132
I've applied for secondary maths at Newcastle, Durham, York, and Sunderland.

I applied to York St John for Primary!
Less than 2 months till applications open (on the 10th of October at 9am)!

I'm hopefully going to be applying for Secondary Maths PGCE at unis in the North East of England. I've had 3 weeks in a secondary school as well as a morning a week for about 6 months in a primary school and tutoring on the side. Hopefully applications go well!

I applied this morning to York St John and Leeds Trinity! Primary.
Reply 32
I’ve applied to Cambridge, Durham, Winchester and Exeter for Primary. Has anyone else applied to any of these too?!
Original post by ratkinnnn
I’ve applied to Cambridge, Durham, Winchester and Exeter for Primary. Has anyone else applied to any of these too?!

I personally haven’t, but a friend of mine applied to Exeter!
Reply 34
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for providers to set a date for interviews, as i currently live abroad. Has anyone studied the secondary mathematics course at oxford, or a pgce there? i have seen there is a SEND placement for around 2 weeks, if anyone has any information about this that would be great?

I have a 2.1 in mathematics from a non-Russel group uni but have 4 years of international teaching experience in a british international school, do you think this would be acceptable as on most providers websites they ask that you have some experience in a uk state school.
Original post by Scary
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for providers to set a date for interviews, as i currently live abroad. Has anyone studied the secondary mathematics course at oxford, or a pgce there? i have seen there is a SEND placement for around 2 weeks, if anyone has any information about this that would be great?

I have a 2.1 in mathematics from a non-Russel group uni but have 4 years of international teaching experience in a british international school, do you think this would be acceptable as on most providers websites they ask that you have some experience in a uk state school.

It can literally be anywhere between 1 day to a month. My friend got offered an interview yesterday, like 2 hours after she applied! But my other friend who is now on the PGCE, had to wait about a month. I’ve been told a month is about the average wait time. But obviously different institutions vary.
I applied yesterday and have revived an email to invite me for an interview from UCL!!
Original post by Talia23567
I applied yesterday and have revived an email to invite me for an interview from UCL!!

Congrats!!
Original post by Talia23567

Well done!

I've forgotten how hard it is to wait for responses from unis. I hate waiting!
Well done!

I've forgotten how hard it is to wait for responses from unis. I hate waiting!

I’m the same, I’m 21 now, and last time I had to do this was when I was 18. I forgot how impatient I can be when it comes to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending