The Student Room Group

LSE Economics

I want to do Economics as a degree but my school doesn’t offer economics a level (although I am doing maths).
So far I have maths and psychology and I need a third subject.
Would sociology work for this and is it considered as a soft subject?
Original post by brownieexo
I want to do Economics as a degree but my school doesn’t offer economics a level (although I am doing maths).
So far I have maths and psychology and I need a third subject.
Would sociology work for this and is it considered as a soft subject?

For LSE's BSc Economics course you really need further maths a-level (unless your school doesn't offer it and this is stated by your tutor in their reference letter).
Reply 2
Original post by BenRyan99
For LSE's BSc Economics course you really need further maths a-level (unless your school doesn't offer it and this is stated by your tutor in their reference letter).

but is it compulsory?
What if I don’t want to take fm a level cause I’m not interested
Original post by brownieexo
but is it compulsory?
What if I don’t want to take fm a level cause I’m not interested

I remember reading somewhere that 96% of successful applicants to their BSc Economics course did FM, and the other 4% were applicants who's school didn't offer it. So while they state it's preferred rather than required, in reality it's required to be a competitive applicant.

If you're not interested in further maths, then I don't think some of the economics courses offered by the top universities will interest you. There's a tonne of maths on these courses (it's very very different to a-level economics), so perhaps they're not a good fit for your interests.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Can someone answer this:

If I did not get in to LSE for Economics but I got the decision fairly late (April) does that mean my application was competitive/ I was close?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending