The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics and economic history entry requirements

I'm a year 12 student studying Economics, History, and Maths, aspiring to study economics at University. Saying this, I am aware that considering I do not do Further maths at A level, there is an incredibly high likelihood that I will be rejected from the pure economics course are LSE. However, I also have an interest in the Economics and economic history course at the university and although the website does not explicitly mention Further Maths, I am still unsure whether it is a requirement. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are students doing the degree that did not do Further Maths A level and if the degree itself varies too much from the pure economics degree to the point that it would disadvantage me in the future when looking for Investment banking jobs? I do not want to waste a space on my University applications if there is no chance of me being accepted based on the subjects I take. Thank you!
If it isn't mentioned, it most likely isn't a requirement :smile: Whilst I don't know any students studying Economics at LSE, it seems like you have all the requirements (aka having an essay based subject - history) lol. It may mean you'll have tough competition but it's definitely still worth applying
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by shaivitrivedi
I'm a year 12 student studying Economics, History, and Maths, aspiring to study economics at University. Saying this, I am aware that considering I do not do Further maths at A level, there is an incredibly high likelihood that I will be rejected from the pure economics course are LSE. However, I also have an interest in the Economics and economic history course at the university and although the website does not explicitly mention Further Maths, I am still unsure whether it is a requirement. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are students doing the degree that did not do Further Maths A level and if the degree itself varies too much from the pure economics degree to the point that it would disadvantage me in the future when looking for Investment banking jobs? I do not want to waste a space on my University applications if there is no chance of me being accepted based on the subjects I take. Thank you!

Considering most people applying to the LSE have FM, it would be very risky especially considering the economics component at LSE is very mathy.
Reply 3

I am doing the same thing too
Reply 4

I didn't take further maths either and I'm worried if I could get in
Reply 5
I'm a year 12 student studying Economics, History, and Maths, aspiring to study economics at University. Saying this, I am aware that considering I do not do Further maths at A level, there is an incredibly high likelihood that I will be rejected from the pure economics course are LSE. However, I also have an interest in the Economics and economic history course at the university and although the website does not explicitly mention Further Maths, I am still unsure whether it is a requirement. Would anyone be able to tell me if there are students doing the degree that did not do Further Maths A level and if the degree itself varies too much from the pure economics degree to the point that it would disadvantage me in the future when looking for Investment banking jobs? I do not want to waste a space on my University applications if there is no chance of me being accepted based on the subjects I take. Tha

I am in yr 11 however and wanted to ask if you had any advice that you've gained about this course because I really want to study economics with economic history at lse and go into finance
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending