The Student Room Group

AS Level Core Maths

My head of sixth form has recommend i should think about taking core maths i think it’s AQA exam board what do people think about the subject is it worth it do you enjoy it? Thank you!
Reply 1
you should be asking yourself if you enjoy maths...if you do enjoy it, then go for it. Not worth doing a subject you don't like except if you need it for your university course. I love AS level Maths, I am doing Edexcel. The statistics part annoys me a bit tho but if you like statistics then you would enjoy it
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Jack39
you should be asking yourself if you enjoy maths...if you do enjoy it, then go for it. Not worth doing a subject you don't like except if you need it for your university course. I love AS level Maths, I am doing Edexcel. The statistics part annoys me a bit tho but if you like statistics then you would enjoy it

thank you!
Original post by h0lli3h
My head of sixth form has recommend i should think about taking core maths i think it’s AQA exam board what do people think about the subject is it worth it do you enjoy it? Thank you!

your head of sixth form is doing it out of good faith. But, do you enjoy maths? Dont listen to the sixth form head if you dont want to do it. Be true to yourself
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by BankaiGintoki
your head of sixth form is doing it out of good faith. But, do you enjoy maths? Dont listen to the sixth form head if you dont want to do it. Be true to yourself

Thank you, i didnt end up doing it as there was other extra curricular things i want to do that will fill my timetable

Quick Reply

Latest