The Student Room Group

One of my A- Level subjects wasn't marked and I got a U.

I went in for results day and found I got a U for one of my subjects, I discovered that my exam answers weren't actually marked but my plan! the school has contacted the exam board and I've been waiting for some time now, my exam officer isn't replying to my emails and all my unis rejected me, when i didn't actually get a u, what do I do?
Original post by Moon2610
I went in for results day and found I got a U for one of my subjects, I discovered that my exam answers weren't actually marked but my plan! the school has contacted the exam board and I've been waiting for some time now, my exam officer isn't replying to my emails and all my unis rejected me, when i didn't actually get a u, what do I do?

Unfortunately, you're too late now for a Priority Review of Marking (the exam board would have needed to receive that request by yesterday). So your only option would seem to be a standard Review of Marking, which the exam board has 20 calendar days to complete. Clearing will still be open then, so you may still find there are courses available to which you'd like to apply.

How have you "discovered that my exam answers weren't actually marked but my plan"? Did you use the Access to Scripts service to actually see your marked papers?

You say that "the school has contacted the exam board". Have they just been pinging e-mails back and forth do you think? I can't understand why, on discovering the issue, your school didn't immediately request a Priority Review of Marking (with your consent, as there's a cost).
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Unfortunately, you're too late now for a Priority Review of Marking (the exam board would have needed to receive that request by yesterday). So your only option would seem to be a standard Review of Marking, which the exam board has 20 calendar days to complete. Clearing will still be open then, so you may still find there are courses available to which you'd like to apply.

How have you "discovered that my exam answers weren't actually marked but my plan"? Did you use the Access to Scripts service to actually see your marked papers?

You say that "the school has contacted the exam board". Have they just been pinging e-mails back and forth do you think? I can't understand why, on discovering the issue, your school didn't immediately request a Priority Review of Marking (with your consent, as there's a cost).

so what the school told me was they contacted the exam board and had a look at my scripts and that they had only marked my plan. I use a laptop to do exams as I can't write and so they didn't mark the actual essays that I did, my exam officer did say since I applied for UCAS I was a priority but I'm just really stressed and am thinking of calling Pearson up myself for an update
Reply 3

Did you tell your unis you were going for a priority review of marking?
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Did you tell your unis you were going for a priority review of marking?

I didn't say I was priority marking, I only found out yesterday that I was, and I explained to my unis and they just told me to wait for my new grades, what do I do??
so what the school told me was they contacted the exam board and had a look at my scripts and that they had only marked my plan. I use a laptop to do exams as I can't write and so they didn't mark the actual essays that I did, my exam officer did say since I applied for UCAS I was a priority but I'm just really stressed and am thinking of calling Pearson up myself for an update

OK. So it sounds like you papers have undergone a Priority Review of Marking anyway. The exam board has a deadline of 10 calendar days to complete such a review. Even if you request was submitted on results day, that time isn't up yet. So you just need to be patient.

I didn't say I was priority marking, I only found out yesterday that I was, and I explained to my unis and they just told me to wait for my new grades, what do I do??

You do just that: wait for the review to complete. Do you know on what date the Priority Review of Marking was requested?
Reply 6
Original post by DataVenia
OK. So it sounds like you papers have undergone a Priority Review of Marking anyway. The exam board has a deadline of 10 calendar days to complete such a review. Even if you request was submitted on results day, that time isn't up yet. So you just need to be patient.

You do just that: wait for the review to complete. Do you know on what date the Priority Review of Marking was requested?

so I was on the phone just now and discovered that my work was marked and I got a B! now I have to find a place in uni, thank you so much for your kind words and helpful advice😭
so I was on the phone just now and discovered that my work was marked and I got a B! now I have to find a place in uni, thank you so much for your kind words and helpful advice😭

That's excellent news! You must be delighted! :party:

Contact your firm uni and let them know. With any luck, they'll still have a place for you.

Cmonnnn well done

Quick Reply

Latest