The Student Room Group

University of Southampton A102 (BM6) 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Uni of Southampton Students
Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋
I’m not entirely sure, best advice would be contacting the university for this information [email protected]
However I think that it also depends on the eligibility criteria set out by the uni for the program, I’ve attached a photo.

Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Cynthia ( University of Southampton student ambassador)
https://www.southampton.ac.uk

Hi, are you allowed to disclose what types of questions they ask during the interview? If not, any advice on how to prepare? Many thanks :biggrin:
Reply 21
Has anyone else just received an email from soton about eligibility and the three questions?
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Tobi_23
Has anyone else just received a email from soton about eligibility and the three questions?

Yes I have. I thought the deadline was quite generous as my Leeds eligibility form gave me 7 days to do it.
Reply 23
Original post by Emilybullen
Yes I have. I thought the deadline was quite generous as my Leeds eligibility form gave me 7 days to do it.

Really 😳 that’s not enough time at all!
How's everyone holding up w the 3 questions :smile:
Original post by Tobi_23
Hi, are you allowed to disclose what types of questions they ask during the interview? If not, any advice on how to prepare? Many thanks :biggrin:

Hello,

Final year Bm5 student at southampton here 👋

We can’t disclose any information about interview questions, but I can tell you how I prepared for mine . Southampton has a panel interview, so its like a job interview if you’ve had any. I prepared in the same way I would for a job interview, researching the city, the program and uni and familiarizing myself with them. I also practiced with family and friends, to take away the edge from the interview day, but also to have a more natural flow as I didn’t want my answers to sound rehearsed . I also read through my personal statement again before the interview.

Hope you find this helpful.

Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions

Original post by heuyghfiywg
hi,
im not sure if you're a bm6 student but for the describe why the bm6 course is right for you, do you just have to explain why the uni of Southampton because the why medicine is straight after so im assuming u dont talk about why the actual course in the first question?

Hello,

I am not a BM6 students, unfortunately I can’t help you with answering the questions, really sorry!

Don’t hesitate if you have any other questions.

https://www.southampton.ac.uk
Original post by heuyghfiywg
for the describe why the bm6 course is right for you, do you just have to explain why the uni of Southampton because the why medicine is straight after so im assuming u dont talk about why the actual course in the first question?? sorry does that make sense😭

Hii, yep it’s basically asking why the BM6 course specifically
Original post by Ineedhelptysm

hi so i dont have to talk about location etc etc

and i keep going off topic is that bad
Original post by nouman1234
hi so i dont have to talk about location etc etc

No you don’t basically the best way of answering this question is - why not the normal entry and why not a different uni in Southampton but the BM6 if you keep these things in mind you’ll answer the question well (:
No you don’t basically the best way of answering this question is - why not the normal entry and why not a different uni in Southampton but the BM6 if you keep these things in mind you’ll answer the question well (:

thank you so much are you applying for BM6 or are you already on the course
thank you so much are you applying for BM6 or are you already on the course

I’m applying (: but I know people who have gotten an interview there
I’m applying (: but I know people who have gotten an interview there

oh nice is there any way we could talk on insta or snap, im really nervous itd be nice to talk if thats fine with you T.T
oh nice is there any way we could talk on insta or snap, im really nervous itd be nice to talk if thats fine with you T.T

No it’s completely fine my insta is Rena.vzy (:
Reply 35
Hi Guys,
Good luck for everyone who sent in their BM6 Questions.
Does anyone want to do group weekly meetings for Interview prep like on zoom?
Reply 36
Original post by 226
Hi Guys,

yes please as I’m not really sure on how to prepare for interviews.
Reply 37
Original post by 226
Hi Guys,

yes please. I am interested too. Would it be weekday or weekends?
TSR doesn't allow off site social media hookups on a safeguarding basis.

Have you joined in / read the interview threads and worked your way though GANFYDs resources that she posted on there?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7390614

It's very useful.
(edited 4 months ago)
Does anyone have any idea what month the selection days will be held? The website says from Jan-March, but i was wondering if anyone had a more specific date :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending