The Student Room Group

Coursework Appeal

My coursework was moderated down over 2 grades and my school has agreed to appeal the entire cohort due to irregularities with the moderation. If my school believes there has been serious malpractice does this speed up the appeals process?
Original post by lmnop1234
My coursework was moderated down over 2 grades and my school has agreed to appeal the entire cohort due to irregularities with the moderation. If my school believes there has been serious malpractice does this speed up the appeals process?

Oh my gosh that sounds awful!

I'll tag @PQ and @Admit-One as they will likely give you good advice.
Unfortinately I don't deal with the admin side of level 3 quals so I can't advise much.

If a re-mark would change your uni outccomes then you should advise your choices ASAP that your school has submitted an appeal and when you have been advised you'll hear the result.

Edit: @Muttley79 might know more about the timescales for these sort of appeals.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Unfortinately I don't deal with the admin side of level 3 quals so I can't advise much.

If a re-mark would change your uni outccomes then you should advise your choices ASAP that your school has submitted an appeal and when you have been advised you'll hear the result.

Edit: @Muttley79 might know more about the timescales for these sort of appeals.

I’ve contacted my firm and they said if it comes back and I’ve met my offer then I can have a place for this or next September. I‘m hoping because my understanding is the moderator didn’t actually moderate them and did his own thing that it might be quicker ( that and some other concerns)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by lmnop1234

What subject was this? What sort of malpractice? [PM me if delicate]
Reply 5
The subject was history and from my understanding the rank order has changed significantly without reasonable justification. The moderator apparently also didn’t do the moderation correctly at least not in a way my teachers are familiar with.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Update: The exam board took over a week to release the moderator’s report to my school meaning the appeal was delayed. OCR have not replied with an outcome as of yet and thusly I am now going to my insurance. Another fun fact is this was not isolated to my school and other schools have appealed as well.

Quick Reply

Latest