The Student Room Group

What happens if I fail 1/8 modules in stage 1?

Firstly, I assume this questions is quite common however I'm looking for a little bit more of a specific answer. I started last September and after my exams I've had to resit a few modules. A couple of the resits I'm fairly confident I will pass, but there is one module I still couldn't seem to get my head around and I think I've failed it. I've been told that passing all modules is needed to progress into stage 2.

When I first done this module I got only a few percent away from a pass, and it seems unfair that they wont allow me to progress into stage 2 for this, considering I've passed the other modules. I really want to continue with this course as I'm still interested and invested in the whole area I'm studying, which means it'll really upset me if I can't progress.

I've also only just started making friends with other people on my course in the last week of the term/semester, and we haven't started communicating outside of university, so there's a high chance I probably won't be able to see or talk with them again if I can't progress. As someone who finds it hard to make new friends this will really upset me.
You need to check your Uni policy to confirm but pretty normal that you have to get a minimum grade to progress.

Check there is nothing about averages being used. For example I had to get an average of 50% to pass but no course could be lower than 40%.

Quick Reply

Latest