The Student Room Group

BTEC P/M/D Unit marks

I believe I’ve been given the incorrect amount of points for one of my units. I was given a merit grade but only awarded the 18 points which is the amount for a pass (90 GLH) I should have been given 30 points for the merit. I’ve contacted my tutor and the college but no one has replied yet. Has anyone else had similar happen and did it get resolved ?
Original post by LindyLou59
I believe I’ve been given the incorrect amount of points for one of my units. I was given a merit grade but only awarded the 18 points which is the amount for a pass (90 GLH) I should have been given 30 points for the merit. I’ve contacted my tutor and the college but no one has replied yet. Has anyone else had similar happen and did it get resolved ?

it may depend on your actual mark if an exam unit. What course (subject) are you doing and which unit number are you referring to. Are you doing a Dip, FD, or Ext Dip?
Reply 2
Original post by bamtutor
it may depend on your actual mark if an exam unit. What course (subject) are you doing and which unit number are you referring to. Are you doing a Dip, FD, or Ext Dip?

Thank you. It’s an Ext Dip (but this is a mark for the end of the first year). Sports Coaching and Development - Unit is Developing Coaching Skills (J/617/7209) it was based on coursework and practical, no written exam.
Thank you. It’s an Ext Dip (but this is a mark for the end of the first year). Sports Coaching and Development - Unit is Developing Coaching Skills (J/617/7209) it was based on coursework and practical, no written exam.

According to the specification, that unit is 180 GLH and not 90. However a Merit is 30 points as you say. As this course is internally marked, I'm assuming that the points you have are shown to you on a College spreadsheet tracker as Pearson don't calculate anything until the course is completed, so its probably just an input error. As such, just chase your tutor to ensure it is updated.
Reply 4
Thanks - they’ve gone completely silent on me so I guess I’ll just have to wait and speak to them on 11th when college starts up again.
Thanks - they’ve gone completely silent on me so I guess I’ll just have to wait and speak to them on 11th when college starts up again.

They are probably busy this week and next as it is enrolment period, so may not be checking emails regularly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending