The Student Room Group

Average IGCSES- is it impossible to get into oxbridge?

Hi, pls note this is not a sympathy post, and I need genuine answers even if they are harsh. I got very average igcse grades. I underestimated the boundaries and since we were considered the first non covid batch, it was much higher than accepted. I have mostly as with very few a stars. Talking to well reputed counsellors has confused me as they say I should not even try for oxbridge, while others say it doesnt matter. Seeing that I took igcses and will be studying ib, with a 42+, do i have a chance at oxbridge?
Original post by swati99bi
Hi, pls note this is not a sympathy post, and I need genuine answers even if they are harsh. I got very average igcse grades. I underestimated the boundaries and since we were considered the first non covid batch, it was much higher than accepted. I have mostly as with very few a stars. Talking to well reputed counsellors has confused me as they say I should not even try for oxbridge, while others say it doesnt matter. Seeing that I took igcses and will be studying ib, with a 42+, do i have a chance at oxbridge?

Why did you want to apply to oxbridge? What about the course you want to apply for is attractive? Or are you only applying based on the reputation…

See are my gcse’s good enough for x thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033950

Quick Reply

Latest