The Student Room Group

level 3 apprenticeship to level 6

if you complete a level 3 IT technician apprenticeship how easy is it to go on to a level 6 IT apprenticeship such as software engineering, cyber security etc. especially in london where i am based
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by raian2021
if you complete a level 3 IT technician apprenticeship how easy is it to go on to a level 6 IT apprenticeship such as software engineering, cyber security etc. especially in london where i am based

Would this be with the same company for both apprenticeships? And would you be looking to go straight from Level 3 to Level 6 or would there be some steps in between?
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
Would this be with the same company for both apprenticeships? And would you be looking to go straight from Level 3 to Level 6 or would there be some steps in between?

i was looking in general going from level 3 straight to level 6 at a different company as mine only goes up to level 4
Original post by raian2021
i was looking in general going from level 3 straight to level 6 at a different company as mine only goes up to level 4

In that case I think it would depend on the employer and what they require you to have for entry onto the Level 6 programme. If you've got your eye on specific apprenticeship programmes, it would be worth getting in touch with them to see if your plan would be feasible. In general, I'd say once you have a Level 3 qualification, it should be acceptable to move onto a degree level course, but it's best to confirm directly as there might be nuances between the Level 6 study requirements and/or the employer criteria.
Reply 4
Original post by brainzistheword
In that case I think it would depend on the employer and what they require you to have for entry onto the Level 6 programme. If you've got your eye on specific apprenticeship programmes, it would be worth getting in touch with them to see if your plan would be feasible. In general, I'd say once you have a Level 3 qualification, it should be acceptable to move onto a degree level course, but it's best to confirm directly as there might be nuances between the Level 6 study requirements and/or the employer criteria.

okay thank you for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending