The Student Room Group

Query regarding level 3 apprenticeships

Seen a level 3 apprenticeship advertised in a field im really interested in. It a level 3 and the training provider is a college. Would u usually have to go in person to this ?
Reply 1
Original post by Unknown_030
Seen a level 3 apprenticeship advertised in a field im really interested in. It a level 3 and the training provider is a college. Would u usually have to go in person to this ?

Yes, typically either one day a week or block release. You’re paid standard rate for the day you attend college.
Reply 2
Original post by Chris2892
Yes, typically either one day a week or block release. You’re paid standard rate for the day you attend college.

Ah ok thanks. I’ve done my A levels so already at L3. Would it make sense to then go back to college again?
Reply 3
Original post by Unknown_030
Ah ok thanks. I’ve done my A levels so already at L3. Would it make sense to then go back to college again?

The important thing is that you’re doing what you enjoy or progressing academically towards what you enjoy.

With A levels you could apply for 2-year level 3, 3-year level 4 higher, and 5-year level 6 degree (incorporated level 4) apprenticeships. But if it’s a higher level than 3 and you won’t enjoy the work, pick a lower level. You can always apply later after a level 3 to do a degree apprenticeships. I did a level 3 first and didn’t start a degree apprenticeship until I was 24. You’ve got plenty of time, but don’t underestimate how soul destroying it is waking up to a job you hate.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Chris2892
The important thing is that you’re doing what you enjoy or progressing academically towards what you enjoy.

With A levels you could apply for 2-year level 3, 3-year level 4 higher, and 5-year level 6 degree (incorporated level 4) apprenticeships. But if it’s a higher level than 3 and you won’t enjoy the work, pick a lower level. You can always apply later after a level 3 to do a degree apprenticeships. I did a level 3 first and didn’t start a degree apprenticeship until I was 24. You’ve got plenty of time, but don’t underestimate how soul destroying it is waking up to a job you hate.

I see thanks a lot for this. and funnily enough Im currently on a level 4 scheme and a different industry and dont really like it so have applied for this l3 scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending