The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

The Official QMUL Applicants for 2024 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ontologicalpotat
Applied on the 5th of Jan with A*AA and just got an offer for accounting and finance! The MYSIS portal hasn't updated yet and the decision just turned up on UCAS but I'm so relieved as I'm thinking about firming QMUL. Got an offer from Exeter too now just waiting on KCL, City and RHUL.

That’s good. Is QMUL your firm choice?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Talkative Toad
That’s good. Is QMUL your firm choice?

I don't 100% know tbh. I'm thinking of firming either kcl or qmul depending on if I do actually get an offer from KCL. Probably will go with QMUL only because their offer is AAA, as opposed to KCL's A* AA. Don't want to risk not getting the A* but at the same time, I do prefer KCL marginally. Depends on how brave I'm feeling.
(edited 3 months ago)
I don't 100% know tbh. I'm thinking of firming either kcl or qmul depending on if I do actually get an offer from KCL. Probably will go with QMUL only because their offer is AAA, as opposed to KCL's AAA. Don't want to risk not getting the A* but at the same time, I do prefer KCL marginally. Depends on how brave I'm feeling.

Which university do you prefer? I mean you could always put KCL as Firm and QMUL as insurance for example :dontknow: but up to you.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Talkative Toad
Which university do you prefer? I mean you could always put KCL as Firm and QMUL as insurance for example :dontknow: but up to you.

Well my mindset was that I'd put my lowest entry offer as my insurance just in case. Atm Exeter is AAB so I thought of putting them as my insurance, although I've also applied to RHUL and if they give me ABB or AAB, I will put them as my insurance only because I'd prefer to stay in London. So in an ideal world I'd have either KCL or QMUL as my first choice, and RHUL as insurance. My fave campus is KCL, and I love their finance modules. There's less of a focus on the boring accounting aspects too.
Well my mindset was that I'd put my lowest entry offer as my insurance just in case. Atm Exeter is AAB so I thought of putting them as my insurance, although I've also applied to RHUL and if they give me ABB or AAB, I will put them as my insurance only because I'd prefer to stay in London. So in an ideal world I'd have either KCL or QMUL as my first choice, and RHUL as insurance. My fave campus is KCL, and I love their finance modules. There's less of a focus on the boring accounting aspects too.

I see, that’s fair enough.
just got an offer for business!! is there any gc for the people who are accepting their offers?
Original post by perilous-mini
just got an offer for business!! is there any gc for the people who are accepting their offers?

I don't see an offer holder thread at the moment unless i'm blind
Reply 27

i dont think so, but if anyone makes one can someone add me!
Original post by 10bricra

which course are you doing?
Original post by 10bricra

I have made an offer holders thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7435689
Reply 30
which course are you doing?

Law with politics
Reply 31

business management?
I got an offer from Queen mary for LLB with conditions of A*AA, it is too high Idk why they offered me that high!
Original post by ahsaan._.11
I got an offer from Queen mary for LLB with conditions of A*AA, it is too high Idk why they offered me that high!

Well what are your predicted grades? They might offer you higher than the typical offer if they believed you were at a specific advantage compared to other applicants (e.g private school)

Well what are your predicted grades? They might offer you higher than the typical offer if they believed you were at a specific advantage compared to other applicants (e.g private school)

My Predicted were A*A*A*B
What could be the advantage I am having 😊

Did you even see what I said, lmao.

I got it!
I am glade that they saw potential in me!

I got it!

For sure, your grades are really good in any case!

I got it!

Should I choose Queen mary or manchester as my firm ?
I was not aware before 2 mins that manchester uni does not have a law school dedicated building!

I got it!

Should I choose Queen mary or manchester as my firm ?
I was not aware before 2 mins that manchester uni does not have a law school dedicated building!

I personally would choose queen Mary but because I like the campus and it’s in London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending