The Student Room Group

BTEC IT Level 3 Extended and A level Maths on the side

This might be a death wish, because it basically equates to 4 A levels, but I’m really concerned about getting into Unis for IT/computer science as they often require maths. I’m really stressed right now because I’m doing the IT BTEC but am concerned it just isn’t enough and is too limiting. I wouldn’t even know where to start on doing an A level math on the side. I got a grade 8 in gcse maths but this means nothing to universities.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by gracecobern
This might be a death wish, because it basically equates to 4 A levels, but I’m really concerned about getting into Unis for IT/computer science as they often require maths. I’m really stressed right now because I’m doing the IT BTEC but am concerned it just isn’t enough and is too limiting. I wouldn’t even know where to start on doing an A level math on the side. I got a grade 8 in gcse maths but this means nothing to universities.

There are universities that will accept a lack of A Level Maths and will take your IT BTEC. However, if you want to target Russell Group/Prestigious Unis, you would be best off doing a minimum of three A Levels to include maths.

Quick Reply

Latest