The Student Room Group

i dont feel close to god anymore

its been months since i prayed properly due to hectic schedule and i feel terrible and guilty - i need to be more close to god , i love him and fear his presence ...why cant i feel the connection anymore
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
its been months since i prayed properly due to hectic schedule and i feel terrible and guilty - i need to be more close to god , i love him and fear his presence ...why cant i feel the connection anymore

You may be feeling disconnected because you haven't been praying lately and because of the guilt this would have been creating distance, along with the fact that you've been through so much by being so busy. Try easing back into praying in your own time and perhaps read through religious texts and practice gratitude to God to help feeling connected again? You could try listening to religious podcasts or lectures as well to help you or speak to religious scholars about this.

This can happen to anyone and it's okay to try again - I hope you feel better soon
Reply 2
.-
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Alm_xo
me and my family used to pray together but now my parents are to busy to pray , how can i pray - my parents make fun of me saying i am showing off that i fear god and need to pray in my mind , i really want to pray but where? i dont even have a bedroom should i pray in the bathroom - good desrves to be called in a good place..

I'm sorry to hear that but maybe try to encourage them when they are free to pray? It's wrong that they're doing that and there is nothing wrong with praying. You could try praying in your attic / make space in a spare room or at a local mosque - don't pray in the bathroom because it can be seen as disrespectful.
I think wow this I relate so much to this question. I also felt so far away form God during university, I rarely prayed opened up my Bible and lived in a way I regretted.It says in the Bible when we choose to disconnect ourselves from God and live a life within the world we beocome enemies to God and sort of block ourselves from God we put up a wall inbetween ourselves and God. It is never God who chooses to be far from us, it is us who does that. It is written that Jesus stands at the door and knocks anyone who opens the door, see you must open the door. you must speak to him, open up your Bible, its hard yes but you have to, I used to make that excuse of not having enough time but you do, you have 10 minutes spare. Pray also and Pray anywhere where you are alone with God. anywhere a bathroom is fine.
also idk what you believe in, whether its christianity or not idk.
Reply 5
Original post by Bean_cat
I'm sorry to hear that but maybe try to encourage them when they are free to pray? It's wrong that they're doing that and there is nothing wrong with praying. You could try praying in your attic / make space in a spare room or at a local mosque - don't pray in the bathroom because it can be seen as disrespectful.

i am not old enough to go by myself to the local church and its far away :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by intheimageofGOD
I think wow this I relate so much to this question. I also felt so far away form God during university, I rarely prayed opened up my Bible and lived in a way I regretted.It says in the Bible when we choose to disconnect ourselves from God and live a life within the world we beocome enemies to God and sort of block ourselves from God we put up a wall inbetween ourselves and God. It is never God who chooses to be far from us, it is us who does that. It is written that Jesus stands at the door and knocks anyone who opens the door, see you must open the door. you must speak to him, open up your Bible, its hard yes but you have to, I used to make that excuse of not having enough time but you do, you have 10 minutes spare. Pray also and Pray anywhere where you are alone with God. anywhere a bathroom is fine.
also idk what you believe in, whether its christianity or not idk.

i am a christian as well ..
Original post by Alm_xo
i am a christian as well ..

oh thats good it just wasnt quite clear based on the question but thats all good anyway Just remember that Jesus loves us so much its actually unreal to think about how much he loves us, he knows the amount of hairs on our head and knows everything about us. He wants to be close to us we just need to make that effort to read the Bible and pray everyday speak to him. remember it is written we are friends with God isnt that amazing to think about, friends with the almighty.
One thing that brings me closer to god is counting my blessing daily. When I wake up I thank god, If I am able to taste good food and walk I count my blessings. I even count my bad days where I am hurt or stressed as a blessing from god, as god is allowing me to appreciate those good days even more. Everything is a blessing. You just have to appreciate the small things and remember god is blessing you.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Anonymous

Well... from my own experience... God's not going to give you what you think 'you' want when you want it.... maybe he's telling you to slow down and trust his ever so anticipating silent treatment...thinking yourself into a frenzy isn't going to work...let go and let God....as soon as your faith is restored...you'll get some kind of connection...but never how your expecting, which just in turn makes your faith even bigger and hope begins to grow...take a deep breath..... accept what is now and grin and bear the negative with a positive point of view and y'all will move mountains <3 god bless you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending