The Student Room Group

2024 Engineering Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by flyingpiper26
Applying for mechanical engineering and mechatronics engineering. Already have my A level grades from last year ~ A*BB.

Same got my Alevels last year, A*AA (maths bio chem) and firmed Bristol for aero
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Ajdj12
Same got my Alevels last year, A*AA (maths bio chem) and firmed Bristol for aero

Yeah I’ve got my offers and confirmed going to Lancaster. Bristol is a nice city, I’m actually studying for my ATPLs online at a Bristol based school.
Reply 122
Original post by flyingpiper26
Yeah I’ve got my offers and confirmed going to Lancaster. Bristol is a nice city, I’m actually studying for my ATPLs online at a Bristol based school.

That's super cool, good luck with everything
(edited 2 months ago)
Anyone have a offers for mechanical from Bath or Bristol ( not contextual)?
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by LG31
Anyone have a offers for mechanical from Bath or Bristol ( not contextual)?

Yeah I've got one from Bath for Mechanical with Automotive BEng
Original post by EauRouge7105
Yeah I've got one from Bath for Mechanical with Automotive BEng

Well done! Mines for M Eng . Is your contextual?
Original post by LG31

Thanks! Nope, it isn't contextual. I'm an international student so my qualifications are different but basically they've asked for somewhere between AAA and A*AA
Thanks! Nope, it isn't contextual. I'm an international student so my qualifications are different but basically they've asked for somewhere between AAA and A*AA

International will explain it!
Damn that's early. I've just received mine after waiting for 3 weeks. What uni are you going ahead with as your firm? I'm going with Brookes for sure 🙂

I think i'm going to firm Brookes too, out of the unis i've applied to it seems the best in terms of getting F1 placements and just the facilities they have in general :smile:
Original post by Porridge4398
I think i'm going to firm Brookes too, out of the unis i've applied to it seems the best in terms of getting F1 placements and just the facilities they have in general :smile:

Ah, that's great. I just firmed Brookes a couple of days ago. They indeed do seem to be the best to get into motorsports
General (Cambridge)
Electronic (Southampton and Manchester)
EEE (Bristol)
EECS (electronic and comp sci - Edinburgh)

Predicted A*A*A
Reply 131
Original post by LG31

Hi mate, when did you get ur offer, and what are you predicted? I've applied to the same course (mech with automotive meng) and it's getting stressful waiting to hear back!
Student Finance England and Student Finance Wales are opening applications for full-time undergraduate courses for 2024 entry on Monday 11 March. Put a reminder in your calendar. :cyber:
Original post by JustBenjamin
General (Cambridge)
Electronic (Southampton and Manchester)
EEE (Bristol)
EECS (electronic and comp sci - Edinburgh)
Predicted A*A*A
Any offers?
Original post by Beast111
Any offers?
Cambridge, Southampton and Bristol, rest I didn’t get a decision for yet
Original post by JustBenjamin
Cambridge, Southampton and Bristol, rest I didn’t get a decision for yet
Whoa congrats on those, hopefully you hear back from the rest soon!
Congrats to everyone with offers! Anyone with a UCL offer for EEE? I’m still waiting. 😬
Original post by Anon#29
Congrats to everyone with offers! Anyone with a UCL offer for EEE? I’m still waiting. 😬
Are there lots of people with an eee offer from ucl?
Not sure. I’ve seen lots of offers being made for other subjects but not EEE.

Quick Reply

Latest