The Student Room Group

advice needed

hello started first year computer game design and programming september 22 during the course tried contacting tutor as there was a module i wanted to change no replies from them. Easter decided change course same uni spoke to tutor for new course was accepted to begin September 23 so thought i didnt need to finish computer course now they wont transfer me because i did not complete the first year and now no one at the uni will reply to my emails as i do want to go back on a new course any advice as to what i should do?
Reply 1
Original post by matthias2018
hello started first year computer game design and programming september 22 during the course tried contacting tutor as there was a module i wanted to change no replies from them. Easter decided change course same uni spoke to tutor for new course was accepted to begin September 23 so thought i didnt need to finish computer course now they wont transfer me because i did not complete the first year and now no one at the uni will reply to my emails as i do want to go back on a new course any advice as to what i should do?

Do you really want to go back to that uni?
Reply 2
no choice really i have external accommodation arranged which is under contract
Reply 3
@DataVenia any ideas ?

(Thanks for the tag @Scotney.)

When you say that you "spoke to tutor for new course was accepted to begin September 23", how official was this? Did it go through central admissions, or through whatever team is responsible for course transfers? Is the fact that you were "accepted to begin September 23" in writing? Does it contain any caveats or conditions? Is the new course with the same faculty / school?

If you're happy to name the uni, we can establish whether the process which has been followed is within policy, and look for a way to allow you to start your new course. However, it might not be possible. If, for example, there's some footnote in your transfer paperwork which says "subject to successful completion of Level 4 Computer Game Design" and you haven't, then that will make things quite tricky.
Reply 5
no choice really i have external accommodation arranged which is under contract

Find a new tenant.Spare Room site is good if push comes to shove.
Given wording in the OP, I’m a bit concerned how many credits were completed in year 1 as well.
Reply 7
Also, did you just stop going to lectures and tutorials, in which case your attendance will be called into question? What made you think you could just stop your current course?
Reply 8
i asked to transfer to a different course same uni and was accepted so i thought i didnt need to finish previous course so because i diddnt finish previous course i wasnt transferred to the course to start this september and now no one from the uni will communicate with me to advise me I did email tutor from first course to ask if i could change a module but no reply so much for looking after students
Admin did say that i was eligible to transfer to the other course to start september 23 but so far have heard nothing else
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 9
i asked to transfer to a different course same uni and was accepted so i thought i didnt need to finish previous course so because i diddnt finish previous course i wasnt transferred to the course to start this september and now no one from the uni will communicate with me to advise me I did email tutor from first course to ask if i could change a module but no reply so much for looking after students
Admin did say that i was eligible to transfer to the other course to start september 23 but so far have heard nothing else

Have you actually rung them instead of emailing?
Reply 10

As Scotney says, you had other methods of communication, including face-to-face. You haven't been proactive, haven't gone through the proper channels, but have made a lot of assumptions.

'no one from the uni will communicate with me': go to the uni and talk to people.
is there an office person associated with the new course who you can talk to? maybe they have the power or personality willing to help :smile:
Reply 12

What you have to think is who wants to get on that course ,me or a person in uni admin?If you want it go and sort it out..Not being mean just telling you how the world works.The time for watching and waiting is over.Let us know how you get on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending