The Student Room Group

GCSE Geography Study Group 2023-2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hello, thanks for making this thread!

I'm doing edexcel B for geography which isn't very common.
I prefer learning human geography, as I find it more interesting, however I find that questions for physical geography are slightly easier than human geography questions.
There's so much content and obviously we have the case studies too!
I use quizlet, save my exams, time for geography and cgp revision guide for my revision!

I do edexcel B geography as well.
I prefer learning Human Geography and I am much better at it marks-wise as well so if anybody has any tips for physical geography please help!
I tend to struggle with actually understanding what the question is asking for because they are all worded weirdly as well as not using enough subject terminology.
I am currently working at a high 7/low 8 and I'm hoping to get a 9 in my GCSE so please help!
Reply 41
Hey, I’m doing aqa geography. Does anyone know somewhere where I can find geography questions by topic?
Reply 42
Original post by hibyehereforasec

https://www.stuvia.com/en-gb/doc/3617383/grade-9-aqa-geography-paper-1-detailed-notes-every-single-thing-you-need-to-know

I got 9 in geography, and ive uploaded my paper 1 notes.
First off get your content nailed ie understand everythin in the first place. Next step is memorizing. Theres multiple methods including flashcards and blurting. I recommend blurting but everyones dif n yeah its that simple. Oh and do past qs as many as you can get your hands on

is this for AQA EXAM BOARD ?
Reply 43
Original post by hibyehereforasec

https://www.stuvia.com/en-gb/doc/3617383/grade-9-aqa-geography-paper-1-detailed-notes-every-single-thing-you-need-to-know

I got 9 in geography, and ive uploaded my paper 1 notes.
First off get your content nailed ie understand everythin in the first place. Next step is memorizing. Theres multiple methods including flashcards and blurting. I recommend blurting but everyones dif n yeah its that simple. Oh and do past qs as many as you can get your hands on

do you have notes for paper 2 ?
Original post by znsbhatti
do you have notes for paper 2 ?

Im sorry i did but they were only in physical form and now lost : (
Reply 45
Original post by Kaitlyn08
hiya.
i do geography under AQA.
I prefer Physical Geography but i also don't mind Human Geography.
I find case-studies hard to remember, as i always get them mixed up.
Im predicted a 9 and got a 9 in my yr10 Mocks (I did paper 1&2).
I use the AQA Geography guide, as well as making notes from my school work (i take my book home), as well as this big paper with all the case studies on (which i just got yesterday). I also practice with past papers, to get an idea of the type of questions and how they are structured.
I also do Coasts instead of Glaciers.
nice! are you in any study groups?
Original post by Pwca
:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Geography Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:
You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:
Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.
A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Heyyy. I'm doing AQA Geography Paper 1 and Paper 2 for my mocks in June. Can someone teach me or help with The Development Gap (The changing Economic Gap), Urban and Rivers. I think I'm okay in coasts and I'm learning resources right now.
(edited 4 days ago)
Original post by Pwca
:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Geography Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:
You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:
Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.
A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Does anyone know the predictions for GCSE geography CIE?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending