The Student Room Group

Flirted then ghosted me

This guy at work flirted with me for months then started texting me for a couple of weeks but all of a sudden mid normal conversation he literally just stopped replying. Nothing bad or controversial was said prior that could have been misunderstood.

Initially, I thought he was busy and left it. I then texted him once again a few days later but got no reply.

This was 5 weeks ago and since then he's been avoiding me like I don't exist, walking away if I'm there. When we had to be in the same office for a meeting, he was checking out a prettier girl right in front of me.

After that meeting he started acting normally with me neither flirty nor ignoring, just treating me like I'm anyone else in the world.

I feel stupid for getting involved at work and for believing he might have actually liked me since he is objectively above my league. Was I just an ego boost? Did he drop me because he found someone better?
Reply 1
What an arse this immature man is. He deserves nobody and it he won't communicate with you or even be polite at work - he deserves no one. He probably realised the game was up because you stand your ground and don't take any rubbish, so he just stopped trying. Yet all the while you remained friendly, so don't change or doubt yourself.

It sounds like this self centred offensive person (poc) has nothing but his own ego to satisfy.
He probably has an app to log his conquests. He is clearly a philanderer, and if you had maintained contact he probably would have tried to charm you, dine you and get
a one night sex session out of it before bragging or videoing the encounter.
Then you wouldn't see him for dust.

Good riddance and you can still hold your head high. You have had a very good escape.
This is just one of a number of personality types in the human race.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending