The Student Room Group

Grant thornton 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _.faraaaz_
Hey guys, I received an offer from GT about 2 months ago, I signed the contract but its been all quite since then... is it the same for u guys?

Same for me got emailed from my buddy but other then that not much going on.
Reply 241
How many days did you guys have to wait for a response after the final interview. I had mine on Tuesday and still no response. Will they ring me even if I’ve been rejected?
Original post by havihavi
How many days did you guys have to wait for a response after the final interview. I had mine on Tuesday and still no response. Will they ring me even if I’ve been rejected?

It was over a week for me from memory. Its only been a few days so I wouldnt worry
Original post by havihavi

they called me 3 days after my interview xx
Reply 244
Original post by grad2425
The group exercise was actually really straightforward - basically no prep needed other than maybe understanding GT’s values! Everyone was quite competitive with one another so it will be interesting to see how it turned out, I definitely spoke over people a few times (I am an over-talker!) 😅

Hiya, can someone help me with the interview questions, im on the first interview and quite nervous. theres 4 qs and im scared i'll mess it up
Reply 245
Any offer holders been invited to their local offices x
When’s you lots pre joiner event?
Reply 247
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
When’s you lots pre joiner event?

still got no email...
Ok kl
Reply 249
Did anyone else get an email about an event? And if so are you guys going to go?
Hey guys, I have a final stage interview soon for the audit grad role and was wondering if you have any tips? Any help is appreciated!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 251
Has anyone here applied to the transfer pricing graduate role?
Reply 252
i just got an offer today (fri) for the interview i did on weds. feel like i was one of the last people they interviewed tho so hang in there guys if its taking a while for them to get back to you!

for any of you who are awaiting the final interview my experience was really positive, i applied for graduate audit in a local branch. the interviewer was really chill and down to earth. my main pointers would be to just study up on the role and make sure you know roughly what its all about. make sure you show your willingless to learn, resillience and interest over everything else. i felt like some of my examples weren't that applicable but i made sure to highlight how the skills i used were relavent to what she asked. make sure you think of some good questions at the end, it can lead to an interesting discussion which will show your interest!

try to be yourself and relax even if you don't feel like that inside. they asked pretty standard questions like what was your greatest achievement, how do you manage a lot of deadlines/studying and working, when you've been a leader how do you make sure you are producing the highest quality of work, what i think i will be dong + what i want to achieve in the first 6 months of the role, how i feel about the more data/numerate side of the role, how do you feel about a challenge and how do you approach something new, and what i know and think about the qualification i'll be studying. they didn't ask me any curveball or commercial questions or specific questions about data handling but i prepared something i'd seen recently in the news about GT and how ai/machine learning has affected the industry as well as a data handling example just in case.

good luck everyone and feel free to dm me if you have any questions!!
How long did it take everyone to hear back after the group exercise?
Hey everyone, For those who made it to the interview, how long did it take you to hear back about an interview date after the group exercise?
Original post by Mimi3032
Hey everyone, For those who made it to the interview, how long did it take you to hear back about an interview date after the group exercise?

they're pretty slow, one of my friends got shortlisted 2 weeks ago, still waiting
Original post by mm10391
they're pretty slow, one of my friends got shortlisted 2 weeks ago, still waiting

Ah right. What location did they apply to because I'm wondering if location also plays a part in how long you wait.
Ah right. What location did they apply to because I'm wondering if location also plays a part in how long you wait.

London, Tax
Reply 258

for me in a regional office, maybe a week, think its longer in bigger city offices or londond
From someone who works in GT London, interviews are running until first week of May xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending