The Student Room Group

Grant thornton 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hellokitty123abc
From someone who works in GT London, interviews are running until first week of May xx

Thanks a lot for the information, I have been waiting for a while!
Original post by myy_
for me in a regional office, maybe a week, think its longer in bigger city offices or londond

Yeah, I think regional offices are significantly faster. I received my interview date on Tuesday so I only waited a couple of days
Original post by mm10391
they're pretty slow, one of my friends got shortlisted 2 weeks ago, still waiting

Hey, I done my group exercise recently, and was told I got shortlisted to go to the final interview, was wondering if you get told the outcome of your group exercise during the coaching call, or would you get an email before? It's been more than a week since I have done the group exercise.
Original post by joy_dylan
Hey, I done my group exercise recently, and was told I got shortlisted to go to the final interview, was wondering if you get told the outcome of your group exercise during the coaching call, or would you get an email before? It's been more than a week since I have done the group exercise.

Not sure, what role was this for?
Hey guys, I applied for GT's Corporate Tax grad programme and had my coaching call in December, being told they were still in the process of shortlisting candidates for the final interview. In early Feb one of the recruiters emailed saying they are reviewing office allocations and asked to reply with my preferred locations. I emailed back (saying London & Manchester), but received no reply. I followed up mid-March but still no reply. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation?

Saw someone say interviews for the London office are running till May but I'm a bit worried as it feels like I'm being ghosted lol
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by joy_dylan

You probably wouldn't get the outcome during the coaching call (I didn't). They told me they would let me know in the coming weeks but I've yet to receive any outcome. Coaching call was 5 Dec and it's now 5 April :')
Original post by tdj2000
Hey guys, I applied for GT's Corporate Tax grad programme and had my coaching call in December, being told they were still in the process of shortlisting candidates for the final interview. In early Feb one of the recruiters emailed saying they are reviewing office allocations and asked to reply with my preferred locations. I emailed back (saying London & Manchester), but received no reply. I followed up mid-March but still no reply. Was wondering if anyone else is in the same situation?
Saw someone say interviews for the London office are running till May but I'm a bit worried as it feels like I'm being ghosted lol

I was shortlisted for a group exercise back in November and still haven't heard back
Hi guys, does anyone know if GT allows graduates to relocate to different offices during the 3 years?
Original post by Blahblahblah4
Hi guys, does anyone know if GT allows graduates to relocate to different offices during the 3 years?

Yes, you can! You can ask to relocate before you start if you want.
Hey, I’ve just passed the case study exercise and said that I have been shortlisted for the group interview but this is not guaranteed due to the volume of candidates, do I still have a chance?
Original post by myy_
i just got an offer today (fri) for the interview i did on weds. feel like i was one of the last people they interviewed tho so hang in there guys if its taking a while for them to get back to you!
for any of you who are awaiting the final interview my experience was really positive, i applied for graduate audit in a local branch. the interviewer was really chill and down to earth. my main pointers would be to just study up on the role and make sure you know roughly what its all about. make sure you show your willingless to learn, resillience and interest over everything else. i felt like some of my examples weren't that applicable but i made sure to highlight how the skills i used were relavent to what she asked. make sure you think of some good questions at the end, it can lead to an interesting discussion which will show your interest!
try to be yourself and relax even if you don't feel like that inside. they asked pretty standard questions like what was your greatest achievement, how do you manage a lot of deadlines/studying and working, when you've been a leader how do you make sure you are producing the highest quality of work, what i think i will be dong + what i want to achieve in the first 6 months of the role, how i feel about the more data/numerate side of the role, how do you feel about a challenge and how do you approach something new, and what i know and think about the qualification i'll be studying. they didn't ask me any curveball or commercial questions or specific questions about data handling but i prepared something i'd seen recently in the news about GT and how ai/machine learning has affected the industry as well as a data handling example just in case.
good luck everyone and feel free to dm me if you have any questions!!

Just wanted to thank you so much for this. I had my interview last week and these were the exact questions that came out.
Been waiting for group exercise since November. Bet they’re just gonna tell me some crap like ‘we really appreciate your interest 😊 but your role has been filled which means we are unable to progress your application further 😢. We really hope you will consider us again in the future 🤞’
Original post by mm10391
Been waiting for group exercise since November. Bet they’re just gonna tell me some crap like ‘we really appreciate your interest 😊 but your role has been filled which means we are unable to progress your application further 😢. We really hope you will consider us again in the future 🤞’

This despite me applying on the day the role opened and completing all assessments in the same month
Original post by mm10391
This despite me applying on the day the role opened and completing all assessments in the same month

I applied to Manchester School Leaver Audit around 10 days ago and today I got an email with an invitation for the group exercise which was surprising as I thought that all the roles had been filled, maybe it just depends on the location I suppose!
For those who did the interview, how long did it take to hear back after?
Original post by Mimi3032
For those who did the interview, how long did it take to hear back after?

I heard back 5 days after
Original post by AbdulrahmanNozad
I heard back 5 days after

Thanks! I ended up hearing back on tuesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending