The Student Room Group

Grant thornton 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have just signed up for the group exercise - what actually happens during this hour? Any insights would be very appreciated!!
Reply 21
Original post by grad2425
I have just signed up for the group exercise - what actually happens during this hour? Any insights would be very appreciated!!

How long between hearing you were shortlisted for group exercise and being given a date?
Reply 22
Original post by 1604
How long between hearing you were shortlisted for group exercise and being given a date?

I sat the case study on the 14th, got told I was shortlisted on the 16th and then picked my date for the group exercise today :smile:
Reply 23
I sat the case study on the 14th, got told I was shortlisted on the 16th and then picked my date for the group exercise today :smile:

Oh nice, I was told I was shortlisted yesterday so hopefully hear next week. What scheme/location have you applied for?
Anyone applied for non london area and got AC invitation after being shortlisted?
Original post by SwimmingFloating
Wow, I came across your post from last year. Congratulations on getting the offer! I saw someone mentioned that GT wasn't great (even with his username), and I was quite puzzled about it. Wondering how do you feel about working at GT?

I've just passed my case, and they mentioned it's now in the shortlisting phase. Fingers crossed for getting the AC & getting the offer!

Working at GT has been great so far to be honest! I have no complaints. Only downside is the new strict exam policy but it’s expected as you are being paid to learn.
I’m on the Commercial Audit team : )
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 26
I have my group exercise on the 30th - does anyone know what sort of exercises/cases we will be doing? Or how the hour is organised?
Reply 27
I have my group exercise on the 30th - does anyone know what sort of exercises/cases we will be doing? Or how the hour is organised?

I've got mine on the 6th. Do you think you could come on here and say how it went and what it entailed, after you do yours on Monday?
Original post by Hellokitty123abc
Working at GT has been great so far to be honest! I have no complaints. Only downside is the new strict exam policy but it’s expected as you are being paid to learn.
I’m on the Commercial Audit team : )

wow thats really great to hear! Do u think ppl working in GT get as many opportunities as ppl working for big 4?? Like is getting into GT a "Big" thing?
Original post by _.faraaaz_
wow thats really great to hear! Do u think ppl working in GT get as many opportunities as ppl working for big 4?? Like is getting into GT a "Big" thing?

GT is a top mid tier firm so yes, in some aspects I’d say we get more opportunities. Big 4 you don’t get to travel much to client sites but at GT you do. Just pick whichever firm suits your values, focusing on the name is stupid tbh
Reply 30
The group exercise was actually really straightforward - basically no prep needed other than maybe understanding GT’s values! Everyone was quite competitive with one another so it will be interesting to see how it turned out, I definitely spoke over people a few times (I am an over-talker!) 😅
Reply 31
The group exercise was actually really straightforward - basically no prep needed other than maybe understanding GT’s values! Everyone was quite competitive with one another so it will be interesting to see how it turned out, I definitely spoke over people a few times (I am an over-talker!) 😅

How many people were in your group?
Reply 32
Original post by 1604

Only 5
Reply 33
Original post by _.faraaaz_
Hey guys! I just got an email from GT saying im now amongst the shortlisted people who might get invited for an interview.. it basically was a coaching call invite... is this a good thing? or is it just some automatic email which goes to everyone who is done with their AC. thx guyz

I got that tooo after completing mine
Reply 34

Omg ikr the people I was with was so big headed barely spoke so ik I defo failed
Reply 35
Original post by 1604

Just use Chatgpt for ideas that what I did lol!
Reply 36
Original post by ma937
I got that tooo after completing mine

When did you sit the AC? How long was it before you received this news? Congrats though! :smile:
Reply 37
When did you sit the AC? How long was it before you received this news? Congrats though! :smile:

I did my AC yesterday got the news about 4 hours after and ty!
Wbu?? And how are all your other applications going?
Reply 38
Original post by ma937
Omg ikr the people I was with was so big headed barely spoke so ik I defo failed

Here you said you barely spoke but you got to the interview- so what would u say you did well?
Reply 39
Original post by ma937
I did my AC yesterday got the news about 4 hours after and ty!
Wbu?? And how are all your other applications going?

Ah 😅 I did mine on Monday and still haven’t heard back so I assume I’ve been rejected - does anyone know what % of people go through to the interviews after the AC? Is it like 1 per group?
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending