The Student Room Group

Grant thornton 2024 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by 1604
Here you said you barely spoke but you got to the interview- so what would u say you did well?

I just got the interview email today! The other email is auto generated so everyone gets the same, but my tips are don't be dominating cos a lot of ppl were dominating and I don't think they got it cos they cut ppl off and were just pricks. Defo be the time keeper as you kinda lead the group but not being too powerful and authoritative and lastly just be yourself (even though it cliche) don't act different as they will clock fast if ur putting up act. Finally goodlucj!
Reply 41
Original post by grad2425
Ah 😅 I did mine on Monday and still haven’t heard back so I assume I’ve been rejected - does anyone know what % of people go through to the interviews after the AC? Is it like 1 per group?

I did mine yesterday and got the email next day, so I'm not sure if it depends on how early u did or what sector u applied for - I think if everyone is good in ur team you can all go through cos GT work on a rolling basis so until they fill the role a lot of ppl can go through, but GL I'm sure u did good!
Original post by ma937
Omg ikr the people I was with was so big headed barely spoke so ik I defo failed

Tbh they often wouldn't want to work with someone like that though so you actually have a good chance!! They don't want someone who would be irritating to be around you need to see it from their point of view as well
Reply 43
Original post by random555
Tbh they often wouldn't want to work with someone like that though so you actually have a good chance!! They don't want someone who would be irritating to be around you need to see it from their point of view as well

Yhh im pretty sure they didnt cos even the organiser was irritate cos they kept talking over her and she just spoke to the other half who were decent humans LOLLL. Ikkk that why I think I got to next stage cos I wasn't a prick and wasn't a mouse so yhhh how yours going if your doing it?
Reply 44
This is making me nervous about the outcome of mine! I definitely talked a lot and would occasionally - accidentally - start talking at the same time as others. Given that you sat yours yesterday and I sat mine 2 days ago now, I have a feeling my chance has completely gone which is slightly annoying considering how many rounds (and time) have kind of gone to waste!
Reply 45
This is making me nervous about the outcome of mine! I definitely talked a lot and would occasionally - accidentally - start talking at the same time as others. Given that you sat yours yesterday and I sat mine 2 days ago now, I have a feeling my chance has completely gone which is slightly annoying considering how many rounds (and time) have kind of gone to waste!

Nooooo dont say that! You always have to wish for the best because it could be dependent on the sector u applied for as they need to set up interviews and etc so don't lose hope. But even if u don't get the outcome u got ask for feedback, improve, and go back stronger to the next application.
Reply 46
Original post by ma937
Nooooo dont say that! You always have to wish for the best because it could be dependent on the sector u applied for as they need to set up interviews and etc so don't lose hope. But even if u don't get the outcome u got ask for feedback, improve, and go back stronger to the next application.

Which sector/programme/location did you apply to? I applied for graduate commercial audit in London 😅
Reply 47
Which sector/programme/location did you apply to? I applied for graduate commercial audit in London 😅

Ohh I see I applied to the apprentice tax role in London so I think it different for each programme though!
Reply 48
I passed the group exercise and have been shortlisted for an interview!!! So happy but it says they need to review my application before offering a final interview? Is that the same for you?
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 49
I passed the group exercise and have been shortlisted for an interview!!! So happy but it says they need to review my application before offering a final interview? Is that the same for you?

oh nooo i just got an email I got the final interview!
Reply 50
I've booked a coaching call for next week - I'm not sure why I would have a call if I wasn't going to be offered an interview but maybe I've misinterpreted what the call is for?
Reply 51
I've booked a coaching call for next week - I'm not sure why I would have a call if I wasn't going to be offered an interview but maybe I've misinterpreted what the call is for?

Same but i reckon we’ll get an interview. Do you ha e other offers
Reply 52
Original post by Uthdonz
Same but i reckon we’ll get an interview. Do you ha e other offers

Still waiting on an offer from somewhere! I've applied to quite a few places and made it a fair way through the process for a few (just waiting to hear back about next steps) and I've obviously been rejected from a few but it would be nice to have an offer from GT even if it would be a backup if i got somewhere else :smile: what about you??
Reply 53
Still waiting on an offer from somewhere! I've applied to quite a few places and made it a fair way through the process for a few (just waiting to hear back about next steps) and I've obviously been rejected from a few but it would be nice to have an offer from GT even if it would be a backup if i got somewhere else :smile: what about you??

Yeah good idea to apply to loads. Did my ac with rsm yesterday and got a verbal offer, had final interview with schroders and didn’t make it, waiting to hear back from Deloitte and pwc
Reply 54
I've got a group exercise tomorrow. I had a look online and the position that I've applied for is no longer there, do you think that means it's been filled?
Reply 55
Original post by 1604
I've got a group exercise tomorrow. I had a look online and the position that I've applied for is no longer there, do you think that means it's been filled?

maybe it means that they have enough ppl for the group exercise so it would be waste of ppl time to keep on adding roles that are probd going to be filled
Reply 56
Original post by 1604

Definitely not filled it just means that enough people have applied that they could shortlist and would be happy to take on :smile:
Reply 57
Just finished my group exercise - how long did it take between taking group exercise and being shortlisted for the interview?
Reply 58
Did my group exercise on Monday 30th, found out I passed on Friday 3rd :smile:
Reply 59
I just got email saying I’m shortlisted for interview - is that what everyone else got ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending