The Student Room Group

Clare college Cambridge Applicants 2024

I haven't seen many people applying to Clare so thought I'd make a thread. What courses are people applying to? Has anyone received any interview invites yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hi, i've applied for MML (french + ab initio portuguese) at Clare and have got an interview invite :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by edjc123
hi, i've applied for MML (french + ab initio portuguese) at Clare and have got an interview invite :smile:

ooh nice, hope it goes well :smile:) i still haven't received anything from them yet ☹️
Reply 3
Hey! Ive applied for Bio Natsci, still waiting for an interview :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Grace FB

good luck!! and same :frown:( it seems like they are waiting with the stem subjects
Original post by Grace FB

The same *. It seems that so many candidates applying for biological natural sciences at Clare.
Reply 6
I got an interview today from Clare for Engineering - hopefully the other stem ones will come through soon
Original post by Anonymous #1
good luck!! and same :frown:( it seems like they are waiting with the stem subjects

Any news yet ?
Original post by Nattydreadlack
Any news yet ?

yeah i received an interview invite on friday!! for engineering
Is there anybody who got math interview invitations?
I know someone that got a med interview but I haven't heard back yet for natural science
Interview received this evening for natural sciences 😊
Reply 12
Original post by Nattydreadlack
Interview received this evening for natural sciences 😊

same!
Reply 13
Does anyone want to do some bio natsci practice interviews together?
Reply 14
Also the interviewers we were given, did they actually relate to anything you had on your personal statement cuz mine dont at all!
Original post by Anonymous #1
I haven't seen many people applying to Clare so thought I'd make a thread. What courses are people applying to? Has anyone received any interview invites yet?

Clare PBS here!! already got an interview invitation now
For natural science how did everyone score?
Reply 17
who else applied to clare for english? how did yalls interviews go? i had mine on thursday and i felt very challenged but also walked away feeling positive. i didn’t realise we’d be given so many unseens tho! most ppl have one interview for PS and another for the unseen. but i got given three unseens across two interviews. and they were very tough too. luckily i managed to pull through and say some good points lol.
Original post by kaxxxxc2
who else applied to clare for english? how did yalls interviews go? i had mine on thursday and i felt very challenged but also walked away feeling positive. i didn’t realise we’d be given so many unseens tho! most ppl have one interview for PS and another for the unseen. but i got given three unseens across two interviews. and they were very tough too. luckily i managed to pull through and say some good points lol.

I really don’t know how to feel. ☹️ I had two extracts to talk about in my first interview and they were horrible, I had no idea what the poet was trying to get at and whilst I made a point and backed it up i’m entirely convinced it wasn’t the point they were looking for. The conversation was really interesting though and I had a lot to say in my second interview about the extract I was given and the questions they asked. At one point I said something and the interviewers both made a simultaneous ah as though I was presenting them with an idea that they hadn’t considered which I felt quite good about. I just keep reading about people saying that if you think it went awful you’re more likely to get in and I’m worried that they didn’t push me enough and that’s a sign that they didn’t see any potential. It’s in fate’s hands now though I guess!
anyone has clare math interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending