The Student Room Group

MSci Computer Science or Bsc Computer Science + Placement

Hi there,
I have recently finished my first year of Bsc Computer Science at Cardiff University. Originally, I planned to complete my Bsc and then probably do the Masters. However, I've also heard that a placement during the course is extremely useful for career options straight after university as I will have a year's experience.
I was considering transferring to the placement option during enrollment into Year 2, but I wasn't sure if it was worth just doing summer placements/internships instead. In fact, I could do 2 summer internships. I feel like spending 5 years doing both is too much so I have found myself in somewhat of a dilemma. Let me know what you lot think!
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by zaksan
Hi there,
I have recently finished my first year of Bsc Computer Science at Cardiff University. Originally, I planned to complete my Bsc and then probably do the Masters. However, I've also heard that a placement during the course is extremely useful for career options straight after university as I will have a year's experience.
I was considering transferring to the placement option during enrollment into Year 2, but I wasn't sure if it was worth just doing summer placements/internships instead. In fact, I could do 2 summer internships. I feel like spending 5 years doing both is too much so I have found myself in somewhat of a dilemma. Let me know what you lot think!

I would say do the placement year. Getting to work in the field not only gets you some extra money, but the experience is invaluable and looks fantastic on your CV.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending