The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

I did not meet my conditional offer for QMUL.

I have firmed my choice for QMUL MSci Computer Science with the conditions of three scores of 5 for the Advanced Placement exam provided by College Board to include AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics and a GPA of 3.3. I have taken three AP exams this year (AP Calc BC, AP Stats, and AP Psych). I got 5 in AP Psych but two 4s in both AP Calc BC and AP Stats (AP Calc AB subscore of 5). My final GPA was 4.1571 (way higher than the condition). I missed Calc and Stats by one point... :frown: What are my chances of getting into QMUL? Help please!!! :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I have firmed my choice for QMUL MSci Computer Science with the conditions of three scores of 5 for the Advanced Placement exam provided by College Board to include AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics and a GPA of 3.3. I have taken three AP exams this year (AP Calc BC, AP Stats, and AP Psych). I got 5 in AP Psych but two 4s in both AP Calc BC and AP Stats (AP Calc AB subscore of 5). My final GPA was 4.1571 (way higher than the condition). I missed Calc and Stats by one point... :frown: What are my chances of getting into QMUL? Help please!!! :smile:

Sorry to hear about the near miss, but don't worry! Well done on your results nonetheless.

You may still be able to get into QMUL for MSci Computer Science, but it will depend on the situation from their end. Nobody knows if they'll take on applications with near misses this year, you probably won't know until around A-level results day. If I were you, I would definitely call QMUL's admission team on A-level results day to ask if they'll still accept you if nothing changes on UCAS track, i.e. conditional offer isn't changed to an unconditional offer. Hope this helps! :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Sorry to hear about the near miss, but don't worry! Well done on your results nonetheless.

You may still be able to get into QMUL for MSci Computer Science, but it will depend on the situation from their end. Nobody knows if they'll take on applications with near misses this year, you probably won't know until around A-level results day. If I were you, I would definitely call QMUL's admission team on A-level results day to ask if they'll still accept you if nothing changes on UCAS track, i.e. conditional offer isn't changed to an unconditional offer. Hope this helps! :smile:

Thank you for your reply! (that was so kind) Thank you for your advice and hopefully they will offer me a place *fingers crossed*
Reply 3
Did they end up offering a place?
Reply 4
Original post by JT_888

Does this apply to nation students as well and what's the likely hood of this occuring for nationa students compared to international?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending