The Student Room Group

Unis ..

hi i recently got my gcse results and im now doing bio psych history and pol at a level. i got 9s 8s and 7s however in maths i got a 5. Im choosing to go into law as a career path however i just wanted to ask if i wanted to apply to unis such as cambridge/oxford or even other russel groups, would this grade affect my chances? im not choosing any maths related degree but still im scared because i tried my abs best but maths has never worked w me. im aiming to try as hard as i can w alevels and ive started to apply for new experiences as well as more extra curriculars etcetcetc but i was just wondering if this one grade would bring me down sorry for the waffle but yeah 😓😓
Reply 1
Original post by pomenobu
hi i recently got my gcse results and im now doing bio psych history and pol at a level. i got 9s 8s and 7s however in maths i got a 5. Im choosing to go into law as a career path however i just wanted to ask if i wanted to apply to unis such as cambridge/oxford or even other russel groups, would this grade affect my chances? im not choosing any maths related degree but still im scared because i tried my abs best but maths has never worked w me. im aiming to try as hard as i can w alevels and ive started to apply for new experiences as well as more extra curriculars etcetcetc but i was just wondering if this one grade would bring me down sorry for the waffle but yeah 😓😓

I recommend re sitting the maths gcse , Russel Group Unis would want a 7 and above in maths , thats what Ive seen so far .

Quick Reply

Latest