The Student Room Group

Can I still get into Russel group law?

At GCSE I achieved 7766665555
7 - history
7 - maths
66 - double science
6 - comp sci
6 - english lit
5 - english lang (might move to a 6 after remark)
5 - further maths
5 - spanish
5 - drama
hypothetically, if I am to work excruciatingly hard during year 12 and 13 and do a large amount of legal related supercurriculars and achieve very strong a levels is Law at Durham, LSE, Cambridge, and QMUL still possible?
Reply 1
It primarily comes down to your A-Levels; start by reviewing the entry requirements for your desired universities and focus on achieving the necessary grades to meet those requirements.
Reply 2
Original post by CompSciJP
It primarily comes down to your A-Levels; start by reviewing the entry requirements for your desired universities and focus on achieving the necessary grades to meet those requirements.

Okay, thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by Heshan06
7 - history
7 - maths
66 - double science
6 - comp sci
6 - english lit
5 - further maths
5 - spanish
5 - drama
hypothetically, if I am to work excruciatingly hard during year 12 and 13 and do a large amount of legal related supercurriculars and achieve very strong a levels is Law at Durham, LSE, Cambridge, and QMUL still possible?

Why did you do FMaths? You would have been better aiming for higher grades ...
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
Why did you do FMaths? You would have been better aiming for higher grades ...

School offered it to me and to be honest the teaching in it helped me solidify a 7 as I got proper help on the typically challenging stuff. I also wasn't sure if I wanted to take maths a level yet when I was offered it.
Reply 5
School offered it to me and to be honest the teaching in it helped me solidify a 7 as I got proper help on the typically challenging stuff. I also wasn't sure if I wanted to take maths a level yet when I was offered it.

Bad advice - you don't need it for A level maths and you'd have been better placed for uni with higher GCSE grades.
Reply 6
7 - history
7 - maths
66 - double science
6 - comp sci
6 - english lit
5 - further maths
5 - spanish
5 - drama

yes but I'm not sure about Cambridge though, they do typically look at GCSEs especially for competitive courses like Law, but LSE and Durham seem manageable. If get predicted around AAB - A*AA (AAB only if you're eligible for contextual offers) then all is well.

Quick Reply

Latest