The Student Room Group

Can I study Biotech with Chemistry, Biology and Business at Imperial

I plan on applying to Imperial, Bristol, King's College, University of Manchester and University of Leeds. I currently do Biology, Chemistry, Business and Math, but I am planning to drop Math. This is because I am predicted A* for business, A for Chemistry, A* for Biology and A for Math. Now Imperial requires A in Chem, Bio and another subject, if I drop Math, I can apply with an A*A*A whilst if I drop business I can apply with A*AA. Dropping math means I have a higher chance to get into the uni I want, but I will not be doing an important subject like Math. So my question is, does imperial and the unis I mentioned recognize Business as an A-level subject and do they prefer applicants who take math over business? I would like your advice on what to do.
hello

according to the Imperial Biotechnology BSc website, the entry standards include:
A in Chemistry
A in Biology, Mathematics or Physics
A in a third subject
source: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduate/biotechnology/

it seems that Imperial recognises business as an A level subject. i think Maths is a better choice for an A level subject
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
But I will have to apply with A*AA instead of A*A*A, which would affect the strength of my application.

Quick Reply

Latest