The Student Room Group

Further maths year 13

I am currently studying maths, physics and statistics a level and I’m in year 13. I am doing AS and A2 statistics in one year as I dropped computer science at the end of year 12. I would like to do a maths degree at the university of Manchester. I currently have been going through AS further maths and did quite a bit over the summer as I am very interested in the subject and thought it’d help for my university application as I don’t have further maths a level. However, I think I’ve been doing quite well using exam solutions videos and doing their questions and I am about to finish core pure 1 vectors. This would mean that I would only have statistics 1 and decision 1 AS to do. I was wondering if I could get this done by October half term perhaps or at the latest December and if it would still be possible for me to do A level further maths. I am more than willing to work however many hours it takes everyday. I was thinking I could ask my college and see if I can sit an AS exam to see if I could do the course and if I could that could be my predicted grade. I really think I’m making good progress. Another option would be to self teach the whole subject which I’m not too sure about because of the costs and I don’t know if I could do 2 a levels at college and one at home.
Most modules for FMaths are often around a term to complete if you are doing 3-4 hours a week on them honestly. There is no doubt you could if you are passionate about the subject.

Keep in mind I did OCR B:MEI as my exam board so it may not perfectly translate but it shouldn't be that different

Quick Reply

Latest