The Student Room Group

Gcse/igcse

Hi everyone
I have recently moved from the UK to UAE, I'm on year 11 now I'm on situation where I have finished some GCSE exams last year, and this year my exams will be on IGCSE do you think this will affect my university acceptance ? is it fine to have some subjects on GCSE and some other on IGCSE
Reply 1
Original post by Fatin Bandura
Hi everyone
I have recently moved from the UK to UAE, I'm on year 11 now I'm on situation where I have finished some GCSE exams last year, and this year my exams will be on IGCSE do you think this will affect my university acceptance ? is it fine to have some subjects on GCSE and some other on IGCSE

I'm not admissions or anything, but I'm 99% sure you'd be fine :smile:. iGCSEs are near enough exactly the same, just tinkered for international students. It's like plenty of people have a mix of GCSEs and BTECs, but that doesn't impact university acceptance at all: it would be exactly the same for iGCSEs, though they are even more similar.

Both are Level 2 Qualifications, so they are the same level, and would be treated equally. A mix wouldn't matter at all.

Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by {Moss}
I'm not admissions or anything, but I'm 99% sure you'd be fine :smile:. iGCSEs are near enough exactly the same, just tinkered for international students. It's like plenty of people have a mix of GCSEs and BTECs, but that doesn't impact university acceptance at all: it would be exactly the same for iGCSEs, though they are even more similar.

Both are Level 2 Qualifications, so they are the same level, and would be treated equally. A mix wouldn't matter at all.

Hope that helps! Best of luck :biggrin:

Thanks very much for your reply
They’ll be considered exactly the same.

Quick Reply

Latest