The Student Room Group

Blaming yourself

I got this school trip and it's cost 500 to go and you got to pay 150 buts it's unreturnable I really wanted to go my parents said yes and paid but now I realised that my family is need money right now since we are moving and it's stressful for my parents and they also having other money issues too and I keep blaming myself I shouldn't of said yess
It's okay. Things will work out but don't blame yourself.. You didn't know at the time and your parents just want the best for you. This school trip is an opportunity for you and it won't come back again. There will always be stressful times but you just have to hold an optimistic attitude and try to encourage those around you. I think your parents wouldn't want you to worry about it. If you really are in need of a refund and I'm sure you care more about your parents, then you can try calling your school and let them know your family is having financial trouble and you weren't aware of it and hopefully they understand. I hope this helps, so don't worry too much! Although I don't know how bad it is, you can always find support from somewhere
Original post by Anonymous
I got this school trip and it's cost 500 to go and you got to pay 150 buts it's unreturnable I really wanted to go my parents said yes and paid but now I realised that my family is need money right now since we are moving and it's stressful for my parents and they also having other money issues too and I keep blaming myself I shouldn't of said yess
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
It's okay. Things will work out but don't blame yourself.. You didn't know at the time and your parents just want the best for you. This school trip is an opportunity for you and it won't come back again. There will always be stressful times but you just have to hold an optimistic attitude and try to encourage those around you. I think your parents wouldn't want you to worry about it. If you really are in need of a refund and I'm sure you care more about your parents, then you can try calling your school and let them know your family is having financial trouble and you weren't aware of it and hopefully they understand. I hope this helps, so don't worry too much! Although I don't know how bad it is, you can always find support from somewhere

THX for the advice I will continue going on the trip tbh I never actually travled before that's why my parents wants me to go and things are settling down in my family right now soo thx for the advice
awh, its okay, im glad 😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending