The Student Room Group

Can a kiss ever be a mistake?

I know people say cheating is never a mistake or a choice. But can a kiss that generally never meant to happen be a mistake? Also please no silly comments I am just genuinely asking.
Original post by Anonymous
I know people say cheating is never a mistake or a choice. But can a kiss that generally never meant to happen be a mistake? Also please no silly comments I am just genuinely asking.

Well, if one (or both) parties was wearing a mask and mistook the recipient of the kiss for someone else, then yes.

It's difficult to think of many other scenarios where you could mistakenly kiss someone.

The fact that you say "generally never meant to happen" makes me think you're not talking about a mistake in that sense though.
Original post by DataVenia
Well, if one (or both) parties was wearing a mask and mistook the recipient of the kiss for someone else, then yes.

It's difficult to think of many other scenarios where you could mistakenly kiss someone.

The fact that you say "generally never meant to happen" makes me think you're not talking about a mistake in that sense though.

People watch too many romantic movies and TV shows and think they can just kiss and then act like it was a genuine mistake. Quite pathetic.

OP I know you didn’t want rude answers but no, you can’t consciously decide to kiss someone and act like it was a “mistake”. A mistake is forgetting to do laundry that day or calling someone the wrong name. It isn’t making a decision and then regretting it by then saying it’s a “mistake” so that you take some of the blame off of yourself. It wasn’t a mistake, both parties felt the temptation to kiss, so they did. End of story.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending