The Student Room Group

Will I have enough funding?

I left uni after one year of study- I’m thinking about changing to a different degree and then becoming a teacher which requires a PGCE and QTS I believe. Would I have enough funding to do get a PGCE after three years of an undergrad course?

Thanks
Original post by EVMD17
I left uni after one year of study- I’m thinking about changing to a different degree and then becoming a teacher which requires a PGCE and QTS I believe. Would I have enough funding to do get a PGCE after three years of an undergrad course?

Thanks

Probably best to check with SFE directly.

You should have enough funding to complete a full undergraduate course at the very least (as the one year of study previously would be your "gift year"). However I'm not exactly sure how prior study affects entitlement for PGCE courses - I think it's separate but SFE are probably the best people to advise.

Worst case scenario there are other routes to getting QTS which don't require you to take out loans for a PGCE, depending on the subject you'd be teaching I think, like schools direct?

@04MR17 might have knowledge about this process (and alternative routes to QTS).
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending