The Student Room Group

Henrietta Barnet School or St.Michaels Catholic Grammar School?

I’ve been given an offer to both STM and HBS but I can’t decide on which one would be better. I’m planning to take Biology, Chemistry and Maths (Additionally art for HBS). I was originally leaning more to HBS, but after some students advice about teachers , how many external students leave and their dropped OFSTED report, I’ve become unsure again. I would love some advice.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Parrot2023
I’ve been given an offer to both STM and HBS but I can’t decide on which one would be better. I’m planning to take Biology, Chemistry and Maths (Additionally art for HBS). I was originally leaning more to HBS, but after some students advice about teachers , how many external students leave and their dropped OFSTED report, I’ve become unsure again. I would love some advice.

Hi! Did you end up deciding?

I currently go to HBS so if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.
Reply 3
Original post by blackroses.4
Hi! Did you end up deciding?

I currently go to HBS so if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer.

Hi, yeah I did end up going to HBS for about a week, but unfortunately I decided to move back to my old school due to just the general environment and teachers. Thanks for the offer tho! :smile:
Original post by Parrot2023
Hi, yeah I did end up going to HBS for about a week, but unfortunately I decided to move back to my old school due to just the general environment and teachers. Thanks for the offer tho! :smile:

No problem!

What subjects did you take? And what were your opinions of the sixth form, as I need to start deciding if I want to stay at the sixth form .

So if you could share your opinions I would really appreciate. Thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by blackroses.4
No problem!

What subjects did you take? And what were your opinions of the sixth form, as I need to start deciding if I want to stay at the sixth form .

So if you could share your opinions I would really appreciate. Thanks!

I took Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Art when i went to HBS. I liked the school generally ,but honestly i felt quite overwhelmed with the overall environment. A lot of the girls there mentioned that they have or had recently a tutor (or something similar), so they already knew about the content which i was just staring to learn. There was also the exam board OCR which I wasn’t too keen to do, as i was told it’s one of the hardest. So apart from being on the back foot, i also struggled to make friends. I felt that there was quite a few well established groups, and I personally didn’t feel comfortable going up to them. I think overall it was my parents who realised that i needed to change schools as i just looked miserable (according to their view).
In my opinion, i don’t regret changing schools at all as i was just uncomfortable there and couldn’t see myself going there for another two years.
It seems like you are finding in ok as you’ve stayed for so long? Are you planning to change?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending