The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TSRorist
It's students that participated in programmes such as Sutton Trust or the K+ programmes, but I also think it includes students that come from a lower socio-economic background although those students may instead be contextual students.

thank you!
Reply 41
hi i have a question. i’m currently a on gap year and i’m applying for medicine now, so i already have my a level grades and i just did my ucat today :0
my grades (a level + gcses) and my ucat would allow me to have a good chance at the A100 course, but i tick off lots of the criteria list for the emdp course too.
would kcl even consider me for the emdp course? idky but i feel that they’d rather give a chance someone who couldn’t go for the A100 course

i’m also not 100% certain that my ucat is enough for the A100 course (but i think&hope it’s just in my head) so that’s another reason why i’m thinking about the emdp course. i hope you all the best with your applications <3
Original post by Sybau
hi i have a question. i’m currently a on gap year and i’m applying for medicine now, so i already have my a level grades and i just did my ucat today :0
my grades (a level + gcses) and my ucat would allow me to have a good chance at the A100 course, but i tick off lots of the criteria list for the emdp course too.
would kcl even consider me for the emdp course? idky but i feel that they’d rather give a chance someone who couldn’t go for the A100 course

i’m also not 100% certain that my ucat is enough for the A100 course (but i think&hope it’s just in my head) so that’s another reason why i’m thinking about the emdp course. i hope you all the best with your applications <3

what are ur stats?
Reply 43
Original post by _starlighttt.
what are ur stats?

A*AA (bio chem maths)
7x 9 (maths, 3 sciences, spanish french compsci)
2x 8 (eng lit lang)
and one 7 (in geography)

2890 b2 ):

hospital work experience
(planning to get more work experience in my gap year before interviews)
I just found out that my bio teacher moved my grade up to A so im on AAA now, could i still apply
Original post by Sybau
A*AA (bio chem maths)
2x 8 (eng lit lang)
and one 7 (in geography)

2890 b2 ):

hospital work experience

these are perfects stats for the a100 course. my cousin got lower gsce (5x9, 2x8, 2x7) and a ucat of 2820 b2 and still got in last year. if i had your stats i would deffo apply to a100
Original post by n3h40000!
I just found out that my bio teacher moved my grade up to A so im on AAA now, could i still apply

yessss still apply!! AAA are great predictions (remember the minimum is abb so you already exceed the minimum requirement )
Original post by Sybau
A*AA (bio chem maths)
2x 8 (eng lit lang)
and one 7 (in geography)

2890 b2 ):

hospital work experience

ur stats are amazing! you could definitely apply to A100, but if you're worried, you can email the admissions team with your stats, and they can advise you
Original post by Missgarfield42
yessss still apply!! AAA are great predictions (remember the minimum is abb so you already exceed the minimum requirement )

This is abit random but do yk whether 2410 is within the top 8 deciles? I don’t know how to work it out or what it means by that
This is abit random but do yk whether 2410 is within the top 8 deciles? I don’t know how to work it out or what it means by that

based on the preliminary data, your UCAT score would be in the 3rd decile. however, it is likely to change, so ur score would more likely be in the 4th decile. there are 9 deciles in total
based on the preliminary data, your UCAT score would be in the 3rd decile. however, it is likely to change, so ur score would more likely be in the 4th decile. there are 9 deciles in total

Oh okay, im also wanting to apply to Sunderland which say your ucat must be within the top 8 deciles, so am I eligible to apply?
Oh okay, im also wanting to apply to Sunderland which say your ucat must be within the top 8 deciles, so am I eligible to apply?

yes i believe so:smile:
Reply 52
ur stats are amazing! you could definitely apply to A100, but if you're worried, you can email the admissions team with your stats, and they can advise you

thank you so much <3 this made me feel so much more confident!! wish you the best with your applications if you are applying, and same to ------ and missgarfield42 (:
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by Sybau
thank you so much <3 this made me feel so much more confident!! wish you the best with your applications if you are applying, and same to ------ and missgarfield42 (:

youy should deffo apply! and update us
(edited 6 months ago)

i am pretty sure you would be fine. the actual data isnt out yet but still apply.
Reply 55
Original post by Missgarfield42
youy should deffo apply! and update us

yes ofc!
Reply 56
Hi, hope you’re all well guys :smile:
I got 988888887 in my GCSEs, AAB in A Levels and 2820 B2 in UCAT. Do you think I have a chance of getting in? I mostly don’t meet WP, but I am first to go to university in my family.
Original post by neda_s
Hi, hope you’re all well guys :smile:
I got 988888887 in my GCSEs, AAB in A Levels and 2820 B2 in UCAT. Do you think I have a chance of getting in? I mostly don’t meet WP, but I am first to go to university in my family.

all ur stats are strong so you definitely have a chance:smile:
there’s no specific cut off, but you can look at the 2023 thread to see what the average UCAT was in offer holders.
you can look here for stats for 2021:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/emdp_statistics_for_2022_entry
Original post by SLA.15
Hi everyone!
I scored 2650 B2 in my ucat, AAB in a levels and 9999999887 at GCSE and I am only eligible for emdp on the basis that I have previously only attended state schools

Would you say that it is worth it to apply to emdp as I know KCL is a high ucat Univeristy? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I’m currently feeling quite overwhelmed rn

kings emdp has a much lower UCAT average than the the A100 course, so ur fine:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending