The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Original post by Upbeat8392
Wow, really surprising
Also just reread and yeah it says 'average minimum' so to reiterate ppl could have been gotten interview with lower but 2650 is quite high nonetheless for an average

I had an interview this year at the start of March for EMDP. My UCAT was 2570 and I also know people with UCATs even lower than mine (in 2400’s range) who got interviews

So I don’t even think that average minimum is that accurate
Reply 601
Original post by Jack39
does anyone know if applying to a course on ucas extra will withdraw the application I have made already and not had an offer

yeah it does, bc you need to have no offers to use it i’m pretty sure so you’d need to withdraw
Guys when do you predict offers will start to be given out
Original post by fizzycherry
Nvm I just got rejected too lol :frown:

Im so sorry to hear that -did you have an interview?
Original post by Lxxx1
I had an interview this year at the start of March for EMDP. My UCAT was 2570 and I also know people with UCATs even lower than mine (in 2400’s range) who got interviews
So I don’t even think that average minimum is that accurate

yea i wouldnt be surprised if it was just inaccurate haaha
Original post by bitnudembaga
Guys when do you predict offers will start to be given out

with in the next two weeks perhaps but you never know once again
Original post by yehesukila

with in the next two weeks perhaps but you never know once again

I'm guessin mid late april cuz admissions open from Tuesday I think and maybe some ppl have interviews in early April
Original post by Upbeat8392
yea i wouldnt be surprised if it was just inaccurate haaha

yep, I got rejected with a ucat above 2650 and I had a band 1 in the SJT. It just doesnt make any sense
Original post by Shrobbery
yep, I got rejected with a ucat above 2650 and I had a band 1 in the SJT. It just doesnt make any sense

might be for reasons other than ur ucat
if emdp shortlisted based on ucat cutoffs would be much higher icl
I think people are forgetting that EMDP is aimed at very contextual students. UCAT is not the only determinant for interview/offer. If another candidate has received an interview with a lower UCAT or GCSE’s, it is likely their contextual data is greater than yours.

If your only contextual point is attending a state school versus another candidate who has attended a state school and grown up in the foster care system; then obviously, the second candidate will receive the interview.

Offers are given solely based on interview performance, as stated on their 2023 PDF
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Original post by yung nino
I think people are forgetting that EMDP is aimed at very contextual students. UCAT is not the only determinant for interview/offer. If another candidate has received an interview with a lower UCAT or GCSE’s, it is likely their contextual data is greater than yours.
If your only contextual point is attending a state school versus another candidate who has attended a state school and grown up in the foster care system; then obviously, the second candidate will receive the interview.
Offers are given solely based on interview performance, as stated on their 2023 PDF

is contextual taken into consideration post interview or is it just pre
Original post by yehesukila
is contextual taken into consideration post interview or is it just pre

Pre. After interviews, to get an offer is based on interview performance only
Original post by yung nino

Some people are very contextual and didnt get an interview.
I know someone who got an interview with 2600 but their only contextual from going state school, but i know someone who is a Young carer as well but their UCAT was 2400 so they didn’t get an interview.
Original post by k17991799
Some people are very contextual and didnt get an interview.
I know someone who got an interview with 2600 but their only contextual from going state school, but i know someone who is a Young carer as well but their UCAT was 2400 so they didn’t get an interview.

Again, some people have circumstances that they prefer to keep quiet. The person you’re referring to with “only going to a state school” could very well have other circumstances that they haven’t explicitly told you. They could have an objectively better personal statement when compared to the latter candidate. Like I said, UCAT is not the only determinant in choosing candidates for interview.
Kings college london raaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🦁🦁 🦁🦁 🦁🦁 🦁🦁 🦁🦁 🦁🦁 🦁🦁 🦁🦁 🦁🦁
if people are starting to be rejected pre interview im assuming we can expect offers in the next few weeks?
Original post by retrobans
if people are starting to be rejected pre interview im assuming we can expect offers in the next few weeks?

Yh I deffo think we’ll be hearing back soon
Original post by retrobans

I'm scared 😭😭
Original post by kitty2005
I'm scared 😭😭

Yh me too
Reply 619
Original post by bitnudembaga
Yh I deffo think we’ll be hearing back soon

i thought offers are being sent out earliest may

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending