The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SLA.15
Thank you so much for replying :smile: Would you say that I have a chance at securing an interview as I’m currently on my gap year and I don’t want to apply to unis that are out of scope for me

yes you definitely have a chance, I’m also on my gap year :smile:
Original post by SLA.15
No way! How are you finding your gap year?

sooo stressful 😭😭 it feels like my last chance bcs i really don’t want to take another gap year
Reply 62
Thank youuu ❤️
all ur stats are strong so you definitely have a chance:smile:
Original post by SLA.15
Same I really don’t want to take out any more time 😭 Literally all my friends are at uni apart from me so it feels like I’ve been left behind 😭

righttt😭 are you applying to a fifth choice?
Reply 64
Original post by _starlighttt.
righttt😭 are you applying to a fifth choice?

Also on my gap year guys!!! Totally get you, don’t lose hope :smile:
Original post by neda_s
Also on my gap year guys!!! Totally get you, don’t lose hope :smile:

ahhh so happy there’s more of us<3
Original post by SLA.15
awww ty xx Does anyone have any uni recommendations? I have no idea where to apply

ur UCAT and the rest of ur stats are amazing honestly! are you considering resitting the a level you got a B in?
Original post by SLA.15
Yeah definitely, I’ve just enrolled in some classes to retake the B so hopefully I improve 🤞

you have options, if you can get an A predicted, I think there’s a few unis you could apply to for med!

https://www.edgbastoncollege.co.uk/courses/pathway-programmes/medical-school-resit-policies

check their ucat cut offs for last year and apply based on that

for reference, I’m in the same situation as you and I’m applying to aru and plymouth aswell as emdp
i believe you could apply to edge hill with ur ucat or Sunderland if you have 200+ hrs of volunteering
Reply 68
Gap year student here:
Achieved AAB in psych, chem and bio respectively
GCSEs: 999887776
UCAT: 2520 B1 (gutted:frown:)
Would u say I have a decent chance here? Any ideas where else I can apply?
Thank you!
hey, anyone know how likely i’d be to get an interview with these stats??

UCAT : 2760 Band 1 (VR 700 DM 680 AR 690 QR 690)
GCSES : 7 A*s (8888888)
Predicted A*A*A in chem psych bio
work exp: volunteer in a hospital + shadowed a surgeon for a week, nuffield research placement (in geology) also have a job but didn’t mention this in PS

Contextual data: State-school, GCSE school has below average attainment 8 score (A-Level school however is around average performance) first in family to go to university, Polar 4 Quintile 2
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by meryamf
Gap year student here:
Achieved AAB in psych, chem and bio respectively
GCSEs: 999887776
UCAT: 2520 B1 (gutted:frown:)
Would u say I have a decent chance here? Any ideas where else I can apply?
Thank you!

u definitely have a chance!
do you think i would have a better chance with the emdp rather than regular entry? i feel like my ucat is too high for foundation year but too low for regular entry 🥲 as well as not having 8+ gcses
just really want to apply for kings 😭😭
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
do you think i would have a better chance with the emdp rather than regular entry? i feel like my ucat is too high for foundation year but too low for regular entry 🥲 as well as not having 8+ gcses
just really want to apply for kings 😭😭

heyy, all your stats are really good and may be a bit high for emdp, but you can still apply if you want to! as for the regular course, ur ucat is a bit lower than the average offers
if you want a better chance at getting in, there are other med schools you can look at, including plymouth, edge hill, liverpool, aru etc.. :smile:
Wait so can i apply with AAA or is that too high, also do u have any idea of the gcse grades u should have to secure an interview
Original post by he110!0000
Wait so can i apply with AAA or is that too high, also do u have any idea of the gcse grades u should have to secure an interview

there are no a level predictions/achieved grades that are 'too high' to apply. AAA is fine!
there are also no set GCSE grades
what are ur stats?
there are no a level predictions/achieved grades that are 'too high' to apply. AAA is fine!
there are also no set GCSE grades
what are ur stats?

A*(child care and development) D*(BTEC sport) 9 (religious education) 88(English lit and lang) 7-7(combined science) 6(maths) 6(geo) 5(Spanish) GCSE, 2410 Band 2. But do they not prioritise people with lower grades idk thats what my teacher told me?
Original post by he110!0000
A*(child care and development) D*(BTEC sport) 9 (religious education) 88(English lit and lang) 7-7(combined science) 6(maths) 6(geo) 5(Spanish) GCSE, 2410 Band 2. But do they not prioritise people with lower grades idk thats what my teacher told me?

they look at everything holistically, and also give consideration to people with WP backgrounds
ur gcses are really good and ur UCAT is fine, so ur good to apply!
and yes, EMDP has lower criteria in terms of GCSE grades and a levels
they look at everything holistically, and also give consideration to people with WP backgrounds

have you got any idea what they consider low participation with polar ?? it doesn’t specify whether it’s Quintile 1 or 1 and 2 on the website 😵*💫 (i’m in quintile 2)
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
have you got any idea what they consider low participation with polar ?? it doesn’t specify whether it’s Quintile 1 or 1 and 2 on the website 😵*💫 (i’m in quintile 2)

I believe it is both :smile:, but u can email admissions to ask them to clarify
(edited 7 months ago)

But I don’t fit any of the special consideration criteria, only the essential one, do u think this could weigh me down/reduce my chances? And thanks for the help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending