The Student Room Group

Official: King's College London A101 EMDP 2024 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Nah they don't favour aab low UCAT applicants. They favour students that meet the special considerations. This course isn't for students who couldn't get into the standard forces, but for students from a lower socio-economic background.
Original post by he110!0000
But I don’t fit any of the special consideration criteria, only the essential one, do u think this could weigh me down/reduce my chances? And thanks for the help

it might, bcs they do give special consideration to those who meet more criteria, but no one can say for sure whether it would significantly reduce ur chances
Reply 82
I got 2420 b2 predicted aaa
gcses not amazing got mostly 6s and 2 7s and 8
first gen to go university
free school meals & schl bursary post code polar 4 quint 2 basically meet most contextual requirements except i haven't done them k+ programmes etc
do i meet the requirements
Hey guys,
So I applied last year and was rejected💀 Lol. They said It was cuz of my GCSEs. Do you think I should apply again? (I really want to go Kings, I'm like 95% positive they r going to reject me again but yk yolo...😍🤞🏽)

Stats:
A-levels (Achieved): ABB
GCSEs: 88877777
UCAT: 2560 Band 1 (Let's not even talk about that🥲)
I meet some of the special consideration criteria too

Feel free to give ur advice<3
Yeah, it really isn't a smart choice but I don't have many unis i can apply to cuz of my grades and as of now, I have no intention of resitting. Tbh, I'm not really sure either they said my GCSEs weren't as strong compared to the rest of the applicants. As for the contextual points, its the low attainment school, 16-19 bursary and first gen to go to uni.
really? I thought that was for the A100 one. I might as well withdraw my application with my 1 A*:frown::frown:
ohhh 🥲💔 Im looking at Leicester (they only have like 10 spaces for national applicants so idk😔), Leeds Gateway to medicine and that's about it. For some of the uni requirements i don't meet the 16-19 bursary thing cuz im in my second gap year now and they said I can only meet the criteria if im applying in my first gap year 😭
Might just try grad entry atp cuz I've cried wayyy to many times over this
Original post by Harrybutch
ohhh 🥲💔 Im looking at Leicester (they only have like 10 spaces for national applicants so idk😔), Leeds Gateway to medicine and that's about it. For some of the uni requirements i don't meet the 16-19 bursary thing cuz im in my second gap year now and they said I can only meet the criteria if im applying in my first gap year 😭

What about bristol gateway year??

you can check if ur sixth form is eligible here

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/contextual-offers/

You seem very dedicated to becoming a doctor!! You will make an amazing doctor one day 😊 honestly you’re still very young and there’s no shame in applying multiple times before getting in - it’s a very competitive degree and ur one of many very very intelligent students who are more than capable of being great doctors who don’t get in first try! Don’t let it get you down you will get there in the end :smile:
True, I do meet one of their special condition criteria but my predicted grades are high but my gcses and ucat are mediocre.
The IMD. Based on the 2023 thread people are saying to apply if you have good a levels eg AAA but low ucat or' low' a levels but high ucat. I'm scared.
Who knows how many people apply and get offers?
my ucat is 2490 band 2

If I knew it would be that competitive I would have applied to bmat unis :s-smilie:
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
What about bristol gateway year??

you can check if ur sixth form is eligible here

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/entry-requirements-qualifications/contextual-offers/

yeah I wanted to apply there but its the same thing with the second gap year:frown:
Original post by lkjhgfdsazxcvbnm
You seem very dedicated to becoming a doctor!! You will make an amazing doctor one day 😊 honestly you’re still very young and there’s no shame in applying multiple times before getting in - it’s a very competitive degree and ur one of many very very intelligent students who are more than capable of being great doctors who don’t get in first try! Don’t let it get you down you will get there in the end :smile:

Thank you!! this means a lot<3
keele, kent, sunderland. the reason why i didnt put a bmat uni down is because of the school workload and I sat the ucat quite late

I better start getting ready to take a gap year
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the King's College London A101 Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) 2024 Entry Discussion.

KCL A101 EMDP 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7214354

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...programme-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Can someone help pls i need to send my application off tmrw but idk what to put as my fourth choice, so far im putting down KCL EMDP, keele, Sunderland. My stats are A* 98877665 D*, predicted AAA, ucat 2410 band 2, what other uni should i apply to to give me the best chance of getting in? And now after reading these replies it seems rlly unlikely that I’ll get an offer from KCL emdp 😭
Hey guys,
So I applied last year and was rejected💀 Lol. They said It was cuz of my GCSEs. Do you think I should apply again? (I really want to go Kings, I'm like 95% positive they r going to reject me again but yk yolo...😍🤞🏽)

Stats:
A-levels (Achieved): ABB
GCSEs: 88877777
UCAT: 2560 Band 1 (Let's not even talk about that🥲)
I meet some of the special consideration criteria too

Feel free to give ur advice<3

heyy! I think it’s still worth applying. since u don’t want to resit (I understand how u feel, I’m in a similar position and dreading resitting one of my alevels - grade boundaries rly messed me up), you should still apply to one medical school, and I feel if u don’t, u might regret it later as grad med is very competitive. but ur stats overall are still good as well as meeting special consideration:smile:
A week at hospital, 9-4 each day, and few days at pharmacy and care home, also could u send the link of the medical thread pls
Original post by reubenn05

Welcome to the King's College London A101 Extended Medical Degree Programme (EMDP) 2024 Entry Discussion.

KCL A101 EMDP 2023 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7214354

For general information click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...programme-mbbs

For entry requirements click: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/undergra...y-requirements

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

hey guys i need help my cousin wants to apply here but she doesn’t know if she should apply
she got 9988766665 for her gcse
A*A*b ( both a* are in bio and chem)
but for her ucat she got 2240 b3
she has a lot of great stand out work experience

however her ucat is really low because she couldn’t afford medify. her family became homelss earlier this year so she qualifies for a lot of the wp. she knows that someone got in with 2200 in 2020 but should she even apply???

i am applying to the a100 program as i meet the requirements
Reply 99
KCL EDMP requirements says the course is for "A- levels or Access to Medicine at a non- selective state school " does this mean only A-levels from non-selective state schools can apply not the general state /grammar school students?

one more, can EDMP be my 5th option? (other 4 being medical schools)
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending